Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Suze Posada de Roger (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/suze-posada-de-roger-1048054/)

maried11 Jun 14th, 2015 02:36 PM

Suze Posada de Roger

Hello,

I have booked at the PDR and know you have been there many times and spoken to you about it (TA):) I now have a confirmed room over BB w/balcony and queen and have asked which number, but haven't heard back, any idea which it might be (it's on floor 2) and they have quoted in US$ and do you get any benefit from paying in pesos as I don't have US on me ever?
Thx:)
maried11

suze Jun 15th, 2015 08:29 AM

hmmm... there are only 3-4 rooms that fit that description (2nd floor with balcony facing Badillo) & I think they are numbered 216, 217, 218, 219.

The front desk at Posada de Roger has always been very fair with me. They usually give going daily rate of exchange for money and will be happy to accept peso (probably won't be a savings or an extra cost either one).

Stewbear Jun 16th, 2015 11:47 AM

My only "experience" with this Inn was in 2007 when I had planned on a extended visit to PV & my regular hotel (Los Cuatro Vientos) was not available the first week I booked here on Suze's advice.
The day before I was to arrive I found out I had cancer needing to go in for treatment ASAP. When I e-mailed the hotel explaining they not only canceled with no penalty but wished me well.
Nice folks!!
PS Cancer free since '08

maried11 Jun 16th, 2015 10:44 PM

Thank you. They got back to me and you were right. Glad to hear another positive about them stewbear and that's great about your recovery:)

suze Jun 17th, 2015 09:19 AM

Wow 2007? The manager there told me once "Susana, you are a good friend to this hotel" because of all the people I've sent there, and all the times I've stayed there myself, over the years.

Stewbear, I'm glad to hear your health is OK. I did not know you'd been through that.

maried11, A few small things about the hotel that you may or may not know: There are no safes in the room rather lockboxes down in a small private room off the reception area. You have to give a key deposit, but it's returned when you return the key. Someone I recently sent there managed to get a coffeemaker in their room just by requesting it, no charge. You can also get a small frig brought up but it has a daily fee ($5?). They have purified water available, Sparklettes-styled jug typically on a stand in the courtyard, and there's a pitcher on your dresser.

maried11 Jun 19th, 2015 07:23 PM

Thanks Suze. I knew about the lock boxes and I generally am not a worrier, so having them there is fine with me. I don't drink coffee, so good there, but I do want a fridge and told them that and they quoted exactly what you said ($5/day). Worth it to me so I can have cold beer in the room and put in left overs. Thanks so much for your help.

suze Jun 20th, 2015 06:38 AM

Having the frig really is nice.

There is a corner store for cold beer, the tiny shop across the street (northeast corner of I. Vallarta & B. Badillo) is a good place to grab them. You can return bottles for the small refund towards your next purchase. I used to go there regularly (before there were frigs available) and grab two cold ones at a time & go back to the pool!