Search

Star Peru flight experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Star Peru flight experiences?

Hello, everyone.
I was wondering if any of you have ever flown Star Peru? I have reserved several legs of my trip on this airline, frankly because I've already broken my budget for this trip and Star is half the price of LAN in some portions. One tour operator I spoke with out of Iquitos, however, heavily frowned upon flying with them.

He says they are going bankrupt and have been cancelling a lot of flights (I looked this up and flights to SOME places have been cancelled due to fuel costs, but not to Iquitos or Cusco).

Anyway, dear peanut gallery. Please let me know your experiences so that I can adjust my flights, if need be.

Gracias.
Un abrazo,
Ames
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 03:29 PM

Do you know if they will refund your money if they cancel your flight? Or what happens if they go bankrupt. If you're going soon, you might be alright but if it's further out then the risks would be higher.

You might want to check the Peruvian website of LAN to see if that offers a better deal.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Original Poster

I am going in about a week. I've read that any flight modifications I make cost me $25. No big whoop. But I don't know if they'll refund me totally if they go bankrupt.

I'm not sure if this is absolutely true or just a rumor. As per checking on LAN, I did. It won't let me book the ticket. I don't know if it's because my address is in the U.S. Have you, or any other non-Peruvian traveler, had success in doing this?

Thanks.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM

As long as you're logging into the USA/Canada page of LAN's site, you should be able to buy tickets. Look in the upper right-hand corner and it should say that. I've done it many times. You might be in the section of the site for Peruvian citizens only.
Old Jun 17th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Jeff.
I think the question is, as an American citizen, how can I get the same rate as Peruvians do on the LAN website. I don't think this is possible from what I've read.

The Peruvian-based, Spanish page of LAN has better base fares...about $50 to $80 cheaper.