Where in the world would you go from Dec 26-Jan. 7?

Old Jul 19th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where in the world would you go from Dec 26-Jan. 7?

I am in charge of planning a trip for myself, my boyfriend, and another couple. We are all in our early 30s and would like to go somewhere that is both interesting and relaxing (if that is possible). Any suggestions on where we should go for about 13 days? The only places that we have ruled out are Australia - it was our first choice, but airfare is $5000/person and many hotels are already sold out and Rio de Janeiro, Brazil - we were there early this year. We are open to any suggestions!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 04:15 AM

Argentina OR India OR Thailand OR South Africa...
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 06:19 AM

Well, this one caught my eye because we just decided not to travel during the Christmas holiday this year to spend time with family...BUT if we could we would certainly head to Costa Rica. More specifically Mal Pais and Casa Chameleon.
We're also in our 30's and love the mixture of nature, tranquility, and adventure. Casa Chameleon would be perfect for 2 couples because they only have 2 villas and you would have the resort to yourselves. I don't know if they're booked up yet but you should check them out at www.hotelcasachameleon.com. Happy travels!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 12:44 PM

Do you have a destination you have always wanted to visit, but haven't yet?? That's where you should go!!!

I have wanted to experience CR for 8 years now so finally, after visiting many other places first, I have booked the trip!!! Where ever you end up, I'm sure you'll love it!!!! What's not to love about being on vacation, any vacation?????

From Dec 26 until Jan 3 we will be visiting Manuel Antonio, Arenal and the Central Valley including rafting on the Pacuare and are very comfortable with the choice. Sure, there are many other places to visit, and we will, but this year, Costa Rica is the place!!!!
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 01:08 PM

Staying home .... isnīt relaxed ?

Good luck
Old Jul 20th, 2005, 02:31 PM

I'm going to toss in a vote for Argentina... you can work in a great mix of large city with culture (Buenos Aires), beach (Punta del Este) and other cool sites (Iguazu Falls, estancias, etc.) Argentina also has the advantage of a great exchange rate (about 1 peso to 3 USD) which should make it very affordable.