Southern Baja, but not Cabo

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 01:46 PM
Doug

Southern Baja, but not Cabo

Hi - has anyone been anywhere in Southern Baja California that isn't Cabo? We would like information about Mulege or Loreto - things to do and places to stay with a family of 4 for a week or so in August. Or other interesting snorkelling places? Been to Mexico many times, but never here.

Thanks - DAK

Old Jun 20th, 1999, 02:32 PM
JoAnn

Go to www.bajalife.com also www.allaboutcabo.com as I think it was there I saw information on other parts of the Baja.

Old Jun 21st, 1999, 11:59 AM
Peggy

Look into Buena Vista or Los Barriles (about 10 minutes apart on the Gulf side. Los Barriles reminds me of Cabo 20 years ago. Hotel on beaches, windsurfing, fishing, jetskis, ATVs, good restaurants, quiet & seems safe. About 40 minutes driving north of Cabo airport. Hotel Buena Vista in Buena Vista or Las Palmas de Cortez in Los Barriles (both on beach)are good choices. Lots of retired Americans in the area. We went in January & plan to back & look at property. Check out www.bajaexpo.com.
Peggy

Old Jul 2nd, 1999, 08:35 AM
Phil

Haven't been to Mulege or Loreto, but have spent some time in La Paz -- nice town that is the capital of Baja California Sur. Actually did a one week sea kayaking trip to the island of Espiritu Santo in the Sea of Cortez which also included snorkeling, swimming with sea lions, etc. There are a number of outfitters who can help you if you're interested, or you can contact me.

Old Jul 12th, 1999, 10:08 PM
stimpy

Hi Doug/please pardon my style of reesponse/it is based on my occuptions computer pidgin/a useful answer depends on more information like:are you flying or driving?-do you camp?are you used to resort pampering?are you pyhsically challenged?etc/there are many great things to see in loreto area from the mission at san javier to the oasis towns of comondu/or perhaps the plaza and mission and cave paintings around san ignacio/c a good baja travel club!