Reload this Page >

Cozumel hotel suggestions needed

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 06:55 PM
diverd

Does anyone have any suggestions/comments about the small to mid-size, non-AI resorts between downtown and Chankanaab? There seems to be a lot to choose from (ie.Plaza Las Glorias, Costa Club, El Cid La Ceiba to name a few) but would like to hear from people who have stayed in this area.<BR>Thanks!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 12:00 PM
tigerhawk

I stayed at the Costa Club about 18 months ago, right after it changed ownership. It may be changing ownership [or at least names] again. Best pool along that area, has a small beach. Dive operation is reportedly better than it was then [that too has recently changed hands]. We had the all-inclusive meal plan - food was OK but not spectacular. Town is only a 5-6 block walk - no need for a cab which is always a good thing. We thought it was good, basic accomodations - not fancy, but clean, safe and handy. Would do some asking though about ?new management. We would consider it again however.<BR><BR>You might get more responses on a scuba forum such as Rodales [www.scubadiving.com] altho this site can sometimes be an adventure - lots of private jokes and fair amount of non dive related posts, but if you want scuba info, that's the site to try.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 02:05 PM
diverd

Great info and the website suggestion. Thanks!<BR>Has anyone stayed at El Cid La Ceiba or Plaza Las Glorias?

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:13 AM
ann

I need info on these same resorts - can someone give more details about them?<BR>Thank you!

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:59 AM
JANET

i'VE STAYED ACROSS THE STREET FROM LA CEIBA IN '90 AND '94. CHECKED OUT LA CEIBA A LITTLE. IT IS VERY QUAINT WITH A NICE POOL AND EXCELLENT SNORKELING RIGHT THERE! MAYBE EVEN BETTER THAN CHANKANAAB. LOT OF DIVERS STAY THERE. DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE FOOD. HEARD PLAZ LAS GLORIAS WAS NICE.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:10 PM
TC

Plaza Las Glorias is a large condo/timeshare complex. It is very nice, but not what I would call small. It is in a great location. It is a much higher quality than La Ceiba. Don't know about Costa Club.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:16 PM
TC

Forgot to mention: Plaza Las Glorias is the &quot;sister club&quot; to Coral Princess Hotel and Resort. CP is smaller, more personal, and in a great location just one miles north of town on a wonderful coral reef. They have a jovial staff that treat everyone like family. The &quot;hotel&quot; rooms are in a new section that is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. I would recommend a one-bedroom with ocean view. They have a web site with pictures. We've been going to CP for over ten years - and yes, we own a timeshare there. But you can stay in the hotel section and NOT be hassled by the timeshare guys. They do a lot of hotel business through Apple Tours. Check with a travel agent. CP has an excellent dive shop and good restaurant too. I think it might be what you're looking for.