Soccer in Buenos Aires

Aug 17th, 2007, 04:40 AM
Original Poster

Soccer in Buenos Aires

Hi,

I'm going to be in BA at the start of October; I'd hoped I might be able to attend a soccer / football game, however I arrive and depart on Sunday and I see games are played on Sunday. Could anyone tell me what time games start so I can work out if I could make a game.

The most likely date is the 7th of October.

Many Thanks

Iain
Aug 17th, 2007, 05:45 AM

On October 7, you have the biggest game of all: River vs. Boca.
Not sure about the time, but you should have no problem on the Sunday of your arrival, as games are played in the afternoon. Going on the day of your departure could be a problem.
Take a look at: http://www.tangol.com/eng/football_matches.asp
Have great time in our town.
Aug 20th, 2007, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. I've just checked our flight times and it looks like we will be in too late for the River Plate v Boca game - very annoying!

However, I see from the link that Argentina play Chile on the 13th so may try for that instead. Do you know if this is a friendly game or is it some competition. Finally, what is the difference between BAJA and ALTA tickets?

Many thanks for the help.

Iain
Aug 20th, 2007, 05:13 AM

You are welcome, IainM.
The tangol website says "Eliminatorias Mundial 2010", so it's certainly not friendly at all!!
I don't like soccer, so I'm not absolutely sure, but I'd say the "Platea Baja" is closer to the field and that's why it's more expensive.
Have great time in our town.
Aug 21st, 2007, 11:12 AM
Syl

We purchased tickets for the 13th game through Tangol.Pleasant to deal with.We decided on Alta, not only cheaper (approx $83 per tkt vs $125 Baja)but I think safer being up high.We're being picked up at our hotel, accompanied at the game by a bilingual guide & returned to the hotel post game.They provide an application on their website.Print it out & fax them your co-ordinates.

Search this Thread