Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   So, I used to use my real address and I am overwhelmed with messages sent to my e-mail address (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/so-i-used-to-use-my-real-address-and-i-am-overwhelmed-with-messages-sent-to-my-e-mail-address-151956/)

Gina Jan 31st, 2002 10:13 AM

So, I used to use my real address and I am overwhelmed with messages sent to my e-mail address

Before my trip to Costa Rica I got a lots of information from this board and upon my returned I posted my message. However I received at least 16 messages sent directly to my real hotmail address. I am happy to answer questions from those who are planning trip to Costa Rica. However, I rather answer them here and the most important advantage is that other posters can give different point of view and provide even more information. One more thing, I am not a travel agent so I am able to answer your questions only on places I visited (Vista del Valle, Lapa Rios, Savegre Lodge, and Trapp Family Lodge). It was my first trip to Costa Rica

Iza Jan 31st, 2002 12:23 PM

Gina, that was the main reason I stopped using my real e-mail address when posting on this board. I was just overwhelmed with e-mails. I like to share what I learned and I post here very frequently, but I don't want people e-mailing me directly all the time.<BR>

Harry Chorpita Jan 31st, 2002 07:43 PM

Most people would be flattered to receive 16 emails from people they didn't know asking for advice.<BR><BR>I think you're overreacting and maybe need to brush up on your social skills somewhat.<BR><BR>A quick note to somone saying "Sorry can't help" takes just a few seconds-no need to whinge about it.<BR>

Gina Feb 1st, 2002 03:01 AM

I will be happy to answer your questions here on this forum. Like I said, in a few e-mail I did answer, I seldom check my e-mail. <BR>Harry, if I did overract, I am sorry because I did get help from this forum before my trip and would like to give something in return.

Parrot Mom Feb 1st, 2002 09:55 AM

Parrot Mom is my real e-mail address and I'm delighted when people write asking questions or answer mine off the board.. I am not a travel agent either, but have traveled and I'm delighted to help people out and discuss places I have been and know about. So many people on the Fodor's Forums have helped me from telling me what train station in the UK to get somewhere to restaurants in other countries.. and I in return am delighted to answer them and show them pictures of the resort or islands..

Hanna Feb 1st, 2002 10:35 AM

I do not use my real adress too because I got many mesagges and I do not have time to answe all those questions. I have to work too. I started to corespond with three people giving them some ideas. Nonoe of them said thank you. I learned my lesson. I also got some weird e-mails too.