Snorkelling/ Dolphin Tour in Manuel Antonnio?

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 05:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snorkelling/ Dolphin Tour in Manuel Antonnio?

Hey there!
We are doing Manuel Antonio at the end of C.R trip. We only have 2 days there and are not sure what to do.
-We wld have already hiked the Monteverde and Arenal parks. Should we still take the guided hike of Manuel Antonnio?
-And what about RioSPAaraiso? Wld it be too tiring to do somethig after coming back in the afternoon?
-We didn't plan any other boat kind of activities, so shld we do the Damas Island boat tour or the snorkelling trip?
-We are planning to check out hotels in manuel Antonio once we get there. Is this okay for an early May trip, or shld we book now? We were leaning towards Hotel CostaVerde.

Thanks for your input!

Old Mar 21st, 2003, 07:02 AM

You should be fine waiting until you get here to book a hotel. I doubt any place will be booked solid in early May. I think you would enjoy hiking the park here (it would be a nice contrast to Mont. and Arenal), and you do not necessarily have to have a guide (unless you want to see some animals that you would probbaly miss without one). The beaches in the park are fabulous- plan on spending part of the day at one of them and bring some snacks.

Have fun,

Scott
Hotel California
[email protected]
Old Mar 28th, 2003, 12:51 PM

Early May tends to be less crowded than the months before but if you already know your schedule it isn't a bad idea to book in advance. Costa Verde is a nice hotel, in fact I plan to stay there myself a night while I'm in Manuel Antonio this summer. A few other choices might be Si Como No or Makanda by the Sea. They are a bit more upscale, but beautiful in their own right.

As always a guide will help you get the most out of your visit. they are trained to know the best places to go, what to look for and generally have a lot more background on the area.

Good Luck and Enjoy Costa Rica.

Scott

Old Mar 29th, 2003, 05:23 PM

Definately take the guided tour of Manuel Antonio! Our guide was very informative and knew just where to look for sloths and lizards, birds, etc.--things I NEVER would've spotted on my own.
Old Mar 30th, 2003, 12:50 PM

I would recommend taking the hike through Manuel Antonio (with a guide!). Plus plan on spending the day at the beach inside the park--it is beautiful, and relaxing!

Also, the Damas Island boat tours are a lot of fun too. Very relaxing, and exciting (if you get the right tour guide).

Also, the hotel Costa Verde is a great hotel for the price. We stay there everytime we are in the Manuel Antonio area.