Snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta?

Jan 13th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Brad

Snorkeling in Puerto Vallarta?

Going to Puerto Vallarta in February. Wondering what the best bets are for snorkeling... both off the beach and for tours. Are there any places to go that are particularly good? Are any tour groups better than others? Thanks.

Jan 13th, 2002, 09:08 AM
mexicodan

Check at www.vallart-info.com. I like snorkeling at the Los Archoas, the arches and at Mismaloya beach over along the village side of the bay. You can also pay to boat out to the Marietas Islands to snorkel.

adios!
mexicodan
www.lamanzanillamexico.info

Jan 14th, 2002, 02:55 PM
Brad

Thanks for the info... I will check it out.

Jan 15th, 2002, 05:40 PM
Nicole

My fiance and I took a boat out to the Marietas. First time snorkeling but the water was clear and not rough. But the trip there was amazing...dolphins, whales and some really pretty views. Our boat was not luxurious but nice crew...Princess Tours. Have a great time in PV!

Jan 15th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Brad

Thank you very much for the advice... sounds perfect!

Jan 15th, 2002, 08:17 PM
virginia

Hello, My husband and I had a bad experience snorkeling at Los Arcos. No one tells you this but there are very strong rip tides at Los Arcos. We went out on a boat tour and they let us snorkel at Los Arcos and when the rip tide came up the tour boat pulled away from all the swimmers in the water and offered no help what so ever. Thank god no one drowned. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the tour company. Just be careful and if you go to Los Arcos wear a LIFE JACKET. Good luck.

Jan 16th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Brad

thank you for the tip.