Snorkeling in Costa Rica

Old Dec 14th, 1999, 01:43 PM
Clea

Snorkeling in Costa Rica

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go snorkeling in Costa Rica? Is it possible to go snorkeling from the Manuel Antonio area? That would be my first choice, but also anywhere on the Peninsula de Nicoya (I will already have gone to the Osa Peninsula). I originally thought Montezuma, but I have heard negative things about the quality of the beach/town.
Thanks!

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 01:32 AM
Jack

Snorkelling is not good at all in the areas you mentioned. If you've snorkeled in the Caribbean you will be greatly disappointed in anything you find in this area, I know I was. Additionally, Montezuma is a bad place in general, but really not suitable for snorkelling. I went on an all day snorkel trip and it was aa complete waste of time and money ($40 U.S. per person)

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 03:08 AM
lina

If you want a great snorkeling stop in Belize. It is so easy to get therefrom Costa Rica. Marine life is superior even better than Red Sea.

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 08:31 AM
Dan

These responses are correct, snorkeling
isn't good in Costa Rica. (at least in
no places I've been)

Costa Rica's beaches are much better for
surfing! I don't surf but I boogie-boarded all day at Manuel Antonio and
had a ball.

Old Dec 15th, 1999, 10:24 AM
lisa

At least at the places I went (Pacific coast only), there really wasn't any recommended snorkeling in Costa Rica. When we were in Manuel Antonio National Park, our guide told us that the best snorkeling there was from third beach, but even there it was not supposed to be that good. Above-water wildlife viewing is great though!

Old Dec 16th, 1999, 11:34 AM
Dennis

About the only places that I think that you could snorkel would be Manuel Antonio, and as one writer said Montezuma. There is not very good snorkling or scuba diving in Costa Rica. Beleize and the Islands of Honduras. Go to: http://community.webtv.net/N0336/CostaRicaTravel