Single in Mexico

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 02:28 PM
Peter

Single in Mexico

Hi everybody,

I am a 28 year old single male and I am looking to take a 7-10 day vacation in Mexico in mid March 2000. I'd like to go where other singles are, but not necessarily a lot of high school and college kids.

I want a comfortable trip but I don't want to spend more than $100 per night for hotel and although I'm not totally sure, I believe I want to go somewhere where I feel like I'm in Mexico and not just some fancy hotel with a fancy beach.

My current options are Puerto Vallerta, Acapulco, Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo,

Any recommandtions are appreciated.

Peter

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 02:54 PM
Dennis

I'm sold on Puerto Vallarta. Lots to do and see. Here is a site that may help you on chosing a hotel: http://www.mts.net/~dcdonahu/
I normally don't recommend hotels but for a terrific location, right on the beach, in the middle of Centro (Old Town) Room rates are reaonable and they are air conditioned. The food at the hotel leaves a bit to be desired, but thee must be 50 restaurants within walking distance (Could be understating the amount), The Playa Los Arcos is as good as any. If you stay further out either north or south you're going to have to take the bus or a tqaxi. Its handy living right downtown. Its a great place and I've been to Cabo, Guaymas, Mazatlan, and Alcapulco and PV is the best as far as I'm concerned. I know that you'll enjoy PV as much as I do. I'll be there for a month this next month. This will be my 10th trip. E Mail me if you have questions. Buena Suerte - Dennis

Old Jan 24th, 2000, 03:31 PM
Peter

Dennis,

Thanks for your advice. What is the name of the hotel you are recommending, or did I mis-understand your post?

Peter

Old Feb 21st, 2000, 12:47 PM
Jesse

I second PV as the place to go, however I have a couple of additional suggestions on where to stay. I stayed at the Buenaventura beach hotel for around $60.00 US and was very pleased with it. There are also many budget hotels in the downtown area that although they may be small are still relatively nice. You can rent many of them for under $40.00 US/night. I would also check into homes and condos as you can get great rates and stay in a nicer place that way. I am staying in a home in PV in OCT2000 for $169.00 US for the week!! Whatever you decide be sure to book a place in the south section of town as it is much more "mexican" than Nuevo Vallarta to the North.

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 09:28 AM
Angie

Does anyone know anything about the Holiday Inn in Puerto Vallarta? I will be staying there for a week in mid-April? Any suggestions on things to do and see?

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 10:04 AM
JR in PV

I have a small guide to economical hotels in town at < http://vallarta-info.com/puertovallartainsider.html>
Hast