Notices

sim card for US and mexico

Aug 7th, 2014, 06:03 AM
Original Poster

sim card for US and mexico

Hey Guys
Vegas will be the first stop on a trip to the US and Mexico.
I've looked at travel sims I can purchase in Australia but they are expensive
would you recommend buying one at the airport in vegas or on the strip somewhere , then when we arrive in Mexico city purchase another one? has anyone used Worldsim or know of a Sim you can use in both countries?
thanks
Aug 7th, 2014, 06:40 AM

The cheapest way is to buy the SIM in each country, don't know about Vegas, but in Mexico, they cost about 150 pesos
Aug 9th, 2014, 10:39 PM

Yah, I agree with Cabron. I live in Playa Del Carmen, and am from Vegas. Here in Playa I bought my sim from Tel Cel for 100 pesos, very cheap. From there you just buy as many minutes as you need. The whole country operates this way. While in Vegas, I believe t-mobile has the best no strings attached plan for prepaid. You may even get it cheaper with a company called Cricket wireless. Super cheap, just not the best coverage. Also download an app called "what's app" you will be able to text anyone in Australia for FREE with this app. It is global, and runs off the internet. Everyone uses it in Mexico...
Aug 13th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Original Poster

should I buy the sim card online from Cricket wireless (T mobile plan). can you get data as well? we will use this for our time in vegas and new york?

Search this Thread