Notices

Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica

Apr 6th, 2017, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Shuttle Bus Service in Costa Rica

I am going to Costa Rica on May 9 and will be arriving at the San Jose Airport on May 10, at 6:35am. I am going on a group tour with Intrepid Travel that starts on May 13. I have two extra days and I am going to try and book it to the coast, preferably Jaco. Can anyone help me out with tips for bussing, or shuttle drivers, or even personal drivers to get out to Jaco? Websites, etc.

Thanks!
Apr 6th, 2017, 04:17 PM

We usually just reserve drivers through our hotels when we book them. Have also used Carlos with Destinos Encantados, and he's excellent. For shuttle service, you can check with Interbus and Grayline to see if they go where you want to. Jaco has a bit of a reputation as a party town.
Apr 9th, 2017, 01:29 PM

I've taken Interbus, which was very convinient.
Apr 21st, 2017, 08:23 PM

We have a favorite driver, Randall Fernandez, that we have used on all our CR trips. I contact him directly now, though he does drive for a shuttle company. We first booked him through the Toucan Rescue Ranch, but our kids liked him so much, we've used him for multiple trips. He's very knowledge, can just drive or can do tours, bilingual, funny, and knows the best restaurants to stop at. Let me know if you'd like his contact info.

We've used Interbus, and it was fine, but the driver wasn't particularly friendly. We missed Randall

Search this Thread