Search

Should I use Cintia-WOW Arg

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should I use Cintia-WOW Arg

I've been in touch with Cintia. I want her to book my domestic flights (BA-Iguazu-Salta-Bariloche,El Calafate-BA.) Also price for Sheraton, Hotel in El Calafate and 2 tours-Upsala Explorer and minitreking on Glaciers, estancia, horseback riding. I've found out price for domestic flights, Sheraton quoted me a price, and the 2 tours in El Calafate. Everything else we'll do on our own. Also should she book our tango show at Pizzolla-does she get a better price. Cintia is suggesting a package with flights and pick up at airport when we arrive and then driving us to domestic airport for our flights and picking up at El Calafate airport as well. I want her to price each thing separately, but it sounds like she'll do a package with one price only. So how will I know if I'm getting a better price by me just booking everything or having her to it all. -I don't want to make her mad. Thanks. Alana
Old May 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM

Alana, I have used Cintia for my trip and I am very happy with her service so far. She did price each part of my itinerary separately and I believe she obtained the flights, hotels, etc for substantial savings. She is very knowledgeable and very prompt with her responses. I am also going in November.
Old May 30th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your reply. I will be more specific for my trip and ask her to list prices separately. I have gotten prices from places I want to visit so that I can compare. Should I tell her in my email that I'll be doing this or just let it go. thanks. Alana
Old May 30th, 2006, 06:57 AM

I priced the separate parts of my trip off the website of the providers, asked four travel agents for quotes and compared prices. Cintia provided individual pricing for each component (which incidentally no other agent did) at my request. She has been very professional in all her dealings with me. I would be as specific as possible in framing the request for estimates.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 06:02 AM

cmcfong:

I am working with Cintia now. I have also done a lot of research on the internet. However, her rates are significantly higher than the data from my research. She is giving me a single quote for a portion of the trip . For example in Iguazu, she lists the itinerary (flight, two night stay in hotel, nautical adventure, and private transfers), then she gives me a price way out of the ball park. Has this been your experience?
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 06:48 AM

No, it wasn't my experience and I am very sorry to hear this. I asked her to break down each portion of my itinerary, so the quote I got indicated flights, hotels, tours, etc separately. I did see a savings in her quotes as I had priced all the air and hotels both off the web and directly with the providers. I am surprised she is giving you higher quotes. Before you give up on her, write her back and ask for separate prices for each component and tell her you were able to find better prices. Perhaps she can give you a more suitable quote.
She initially recommended places in which I was not interested (way too high end for my budget like Four Seasons in BsAs and Llao Llao in Bariloche). I made it clear what my budget was and she came up with the numbers which worked.
I am very sorry to hear your experience has not been satisfactory so far. I hope it improves immediately.
Old Jun 6th, 2006, 10:50 AM

You may also want to try www.bargentina.com.ar. I've had a good experience with them.
Old Jun 14th, 2006, 11:44 AM

It seems to be that Cintia disappeared. You should not wait if you want to have it all organised before your trip! Just a suggestion...
Flint!
Old Jun 15th, 2006, 12:36 AM

mc__rt,

I like Cintia, but you should know that she is not the least expensive agent around. Her forte is customized trip planning, particularly within Buenos Aires. Most of the trips she puts together to other parts of the country are "packagages" purchased from wholesalers and are widely available from other TAs at lower cost.

This being said, I am quite surprised that you can put together the same trip on the net for less. This is almost never the case because of the system of pricing in Argentina that favors local travelers and suppliers.

Old Jun 16th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Original Poster

I'm also working with Cintia. The hotels in BA are more expensive than I want to spend and she only deals with 2. The package in Iguazu is at the Sheraton, way more expensive than I want to spend. Now she's working on El Calafate trip, so I'll see what she comes up with. So far I'm very disappointed and she has already charged me the $100.00. She should have been up front as to what the prices of her hotels would be. DO NOT WORK WITH HER. Alana
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM

Alana, this is so distressing. I do not understand your statement that she only deals with two hotels in Buenos Aires. She gave me estimates for several. I wanted a middle range hotel but a friend of mine wanted a budget place and Cintia booked Argenta Towers for her. Also she does deduct the $100 from your costs.
I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time.
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Most travel agents in Buenos Aires work with a limited number of hotels in different price points. They get better rates when they send hotels more volume...but the norm is for them to work with one or two 5 star, one or two four star hotels, and so forth.

I am surprised to hear that Cintia only works with two hotels in Buenos Aires and only the Sheraton in Iguazu. Graziella who posts here regularly works with Cintia and does not stay in five star hotels when she is in Buenos Aires--I believe she has booked both the Bel Air and the Argenta Tower through Cintia....I would encourage you to ask again for lower priced options in Buenos Aires and Iguazu--the Esturion is a good option to request in Iguazu and the Argenta Tower, Bel Air or similar hotel in Buenos Aires....
Old Jun 16th, 2006, 06:48 PM

topping this message for Alana.
Old Jun 18th, 2006, 04:24 PM

alana
see my recommendation on thread 1.
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 02:23 AM

Example of ball park rates

Round trip air from Buenos Aires to Iguazu. U$200
Hotel Esturion (very comfortable hotel). U$60 pp, tax and breakfast included.
Boat Ride and jungle excursion (lecture re:flora, fauna, and wildlife of the region) and boat ride $US35
Park Admission: U$10
Dinner at Esturion, with wine: U$20 or eat at Pizza Color in town for much less.

Old Jun 19th, 2006, 02:24 AM

I should have added that these rates were effective June 2006
Old Jun 19th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks dawggy for the prices. I've contacted the Esturion and got a quote of $84.00 for November. I've asked Cintia about this hotel, she did quote me the Cataratus as well as Sheraton. My question is can I leave my bags (small at the Sheraton on my 2nd day because my flight leaves at 2:30 p.m. and I want to leave from the falls straight to the airport. has anyone done this. I'm trying not to spend so much on taxis. I did email Cintia about the Esturion, so we'll see what happens.
Old Jun 27th, 2006, 01:05 AM

alana,

Any updates?
Old Jun 28th, 2006, 05:31 AM
Original Poster

Here's my update dawggy: Cintia and I have finally connected. She has gotten me terrific prices on all my domestic flights (Iguazu, Salta, Bariloche, El Calafate and has saved me about 1200 US. She did a great package for El Calafate, transfers, tours and hotel. We did go thru a little inconvenience and I told her how I felt (had not hear from her in 5 days) and all was forgiven. As I've never gone thru a TA before, not sure if I would use one again. Her prices for Igauzu hotels were a little too much, but thanks to someone on this forum I have booked Hotel Posada La Sorgente for 45.00 US a night (a new small hotel), even with taking taxis it's still far cheaper than the Sheraton. I have been in touch with Angelica in Salta who has answered very quickly and seems very nice to do a 4 day tour -thanks to Nicci from Atlanta for recommending her. After my trip in November I will do a trip itinerary for everyone. Thanks to all for your help. Alana
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM

I am certainly glad to see this posting,Alana. I think the $1200 savings on air is pretty impressive. Enjoy your trip. I look forward to reading your report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -