Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Has Anyone Recently Visited Iberostar Located in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico?

Old Aug 30th, 1999, 05:35 AM
p thompson

My husband, our 15 month old daughter and I are thinking of visiting the Iberostar this November. Would you recommend it for children and families?

Also, any other comments would be appreciated (how was the food, hotel staff, location and services).

Thank you for your comments!

Old Aug 31st, 1999, 12:54 PM
Debbie

Yes, Go! My husband and I were overwhelmed by the quality of this resort. They really cater to families and children. Even young ones. The food, staff and facilites were first class. You might request a room closer to the beach if you want to spend much time there. Our 2100 room was convenient to the beach and pool. Plan to walk a lot it is a very big place. Some parents had strollers.

There are no bath tubs just a giant shower but you could wash the little one with a handheld sprayer. The European ladies frequently went topless at the beach. No big deal to me but others might be surprised.

I want to go back!!

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 09:11 AM
debbie

In February we spend two weeks at the Riu Yucatan which is next door to the Iberostar - I kept meaning to walk next door and see this 'huge wonderful pool' that we'd heard about and just never got 'round tuit' - so if that tells you anything about just how much there is to see and do in the area around the Iberostar! As for the resort itself you will probably love it as much as we did with the RIU Yucatan!

Old Sep 3rd, 1999, 12:18 PM
Sandy

We went to Playa last April and stayed at the Continental Plaza PlayaCar. It was a great hotel. The kids loved it and so did we. It is right down from the pier going to Cozumel and within walking distance to Senior Frogs and the pedestrian shopping area. Great location and great hotel.

Sandy

Old Sep 5th, 1999, 05:35 PM
Lana

My husband and I spent 2 weeks at the Iberostar in Playa del Carmen last April. We absolutely loved it. The resort is very lush and beautiful; the beach is great; the staff were amazingly friendly; the food was great and plentiful with much variety; and the entertainment was super. Overall, I would definitely have to say that it was one of the best vacations we ever had and we travel quite a bit. I would definitely recommend it. There are several activities for children and there is also a completely separate children's pool. Also, I saw several activities staff with groups of children throughout the day playing organized activities and on the beach. They, as well, have the children, together with the activities staff, put on a show every evening at the entertainment centre before the nightly entertainment starts. It was very cute to see the kids performing every night. I would highly recommend this great resort. I hope you and your family have a wonderful time! If you have any further questions, please send me an e-mail.