Sheraton in Cabo?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:02 PM
Jen

Sheraton in Cabo?

I'm looking at hotels in Cabo San Lucas & the Sheraton seems to have the best prices of the 4 star resorts. Has anyone stayed there? Any feedback? How expensive are the restaurants at the resort? Did you go outside the resort at all for food/nightlife?
If you're a Cabo basher you need not respond- I've read the message boards already...and I still think the Cabo resorts look beautiful!

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 12:17 PM
Lauren

I havent ever been but my family just got back and stayed at the Fiesta Americana. They absolutely loved it and had nothing but great things to say about it. They went around to the other resorts and even ate at the Sheraton but felt by far the Fiesta Americana was the nicest.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:05 PM
Lucy

We just got back from Cabos this past weekend. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana Grand Los Cabos as well. It has beautiful grounds. They have nightly live entertainment near the pool (singer). Very romantic!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Vanessa

Hi Jen...we stayed at The Pueblo Bonito Rose, very nice. Just back on Tuesday and had a great time. The new Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach is so nice and was the best resort we saw there. We spent an entire day there. Its on the Pacific side though and you cant swim. Dont know about the Sheraton, we saw it, looks nice!!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 12:44 PM
Terri

I stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar and it was JUST GORGEOUS!

You'll love it!

Old Oct 24th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Jen

Thanks for the feedback! Terri- may I ask, how did you find the restaurants at the Sheraton resort (cost, quality, etc.)
Do you know if they have any meal (or even just breakfast) inclusive plans?
Thanks again everyone

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 03:18 PM
vicki

We are currently in cabo, and the food costs are outrageous. our best food and of course most reasonable are the ones off the beaten path and away from the tourist areas. we also like san jose del cabo much better than cabo san lucas for getting off the beaten path. we have talked to a dozen or so couples who have eaten at FANDANGO in san juan that just rave of it being the best. we are going tonight -- not open for lunch.

Old Nov 19th, 2002, 05:53 PM
Carol

Just returned last week from Cabo. Stayed at the Sherton Hacienda del Mar. There was about 45 of us there for my sister`s wedding. We all had a great time. There are 3 resturants at the resort and they are all quite pricey...hamburger&fries $10 by the pool. My sister had a salad at the sports bar and it cost $16. The best part of the trip was the ATV ride at the dunes. We had 30 ATVs and it was awesome. This is the 2nd time I`ve been there and it is still my favorite part of the trip. Some of our group went fishing and caught a marlin and a few smaller fish that they brought back to the condo for a fish fry. They did see whales and dolphis from the fishing boat. We also went golfing and it is VERY expensive. You can snorkel form the beach. It looked like they only allowed 3 or 4 vendors on the beach and 1 person braiding hair. They also have 4 little booths by the pool that sells basically the same stuff that they are selling on the beach and in town. Just don`t pay the asking price. My sister got a metal wall hanging for $75 they originally wanted $180. You can deal all in US dollars if you don`t want to exchange your money. At the market in town they will give you change in pesos if you give them US dollars. Fare from the airport is $13 a person. Get your taxi outside the airport or you will be talked into a timeshare visit at the counter inside the airport. Need any more info e-mail me. Carol