Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Seeking Feedback on the Presidente Inter-Continental Cancun

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 07:55 AM
Mordecai

Has anyone stayed here? How is the pool area? I read it has a great beach. Is it clean? How far from airport? Can anyone point me to a website that has a good map of Cancun showing where this hotel is located?

(The reason I ask about this hotel only is b/c it has a special rate of 90 bucks per night!!)

THANKS!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Joyce

http://www.principaltravel.com/mexico/resorts/cancun/ FOR MAP

http://www.principaltravel.com/mexico/resorts/cancun/resort.asp?id=105
For Photo Tour of Presidente Intercontinental.

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Mordecai

Joyce - thank so much. Both links are very useful / helpful!!

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Don

Mordecai, I stayed 10 days at this hotel last August, for 90 bucks its a great deal, best beach, big pool area, clean and well maintained hotel. One of the first hotels in Cancun, so it is not very new or glitzy but very nice. Where did you get such a great rate?

Old Jan 27th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Mordecai

Don -thanks for your reply. We found it on Expedia.com. We have to wait until tomorrow to book it (for NEXT week!) due to job situations. We are planning a last minute getaway and wanted to go somewhere warm that's under 3 hours from Atlanta and CHEAP!! And that seems to be our answer! We just wanted to make sure that we aren't paying for a 90 dollar per night type of hotel!! Sounds like we're not, which is great news. The beach looks awesome.