Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Sayulita after hurricane? And advice on accomidations?

Feb 7th, 2003, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me the condition of Sayulita after hurricane Kenna. My husband and I would like to go there in April.

Also any advice on places to stay in Sayulita would be great. I have been looking renting various small villas on the web, but want to see if anyone has stayed somewhere they loved. We would like to spend $35-$65 a night. We might have friends join us and then we would want to rent a 2bdr villa for under $650 a night. Any ideas?
Aug 22nd, 2003, 12:23 PM

Just returned from Sayulita and LOVED it! We stayed at a place called Tambo de Oro...a whole house, well equipped with everything you would want or need! Tambo also has separate entry bedrooms with full baths. email me for info,but check out their website:
http://www.tambo-de-oro.com
Cheers,
Patti
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:46 PM

On our trip to PV, we spent a day in Sayulita and thought it was really charming. The beach seemed to be in great shape. We had thought about conditioning, and the accomodations are kind of open-air and Tarzan-like. I wouldn't call the place luxurious by any means, even though prices are pretty high. There are plenty of
Aug 22nd, 2003, 03:51 PM

whoops! I was trying to edit my reply and accidentally posted! Sorry! My previous post was talking about Villa Amor which looked great online, maybe not quite as great in person.
There are some really beautiful villas right on the beach that would be wonderful to rent, and some simple bungalows that are cheap and look nice too.The lady who owns the surf shop there says she has the cleanest bungalows in town!
go to Sayulita.com.
Sorry once again about that last post!
Aug 23rd, 2003, 08:01 AM

Go 2 www.sayulita.com which has several properties listed!