COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Sansa connection questions

Old Aug 8th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Sansa connection questions

I have lots of questions today! (I'm hoping to book airfare while it's cheap(er).)

So if we fly into SJO with a scheduled arrival time of 10:55 a.m., would it be too risky to book a 1:05 flight on Sansa? What happens if our arriving flight is late and we miss all the Sansa flights that day? Will they let us rebook for the next morning, or are we out the cost of our tickets?

Thanks! I'm hoping I found a way to make our itinerary a little more compact.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 11:40 AM

Personally, that's cutting it too close for me. We just got back from CR, and getting through SJO customs and immigration took two hours; the line was snaking through the building because several planes landed at once. Even after the two hours, luggage for our plane, including my husband's, was still coming out onto the baggage claim area. Once you're through SJO, you'll still have to walk over to Sansa and go through their check-in process, weigh your luggage, etc. You might be able to make it, but I wouldn't want to risk it because all the later flights will probably be full.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:23 PM

I agree with volcanogirl. You may make it through customs and immigration in just a few minutes, but it may also take hours and unfortunately, there is no way to predict it. I am almost certain that Sansa will not reimburse or reschedule missed flights due to late international flights or delays in immigration.
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Sorry, but I have to agree with volcanogirl and crchica. Although we cruised through customs, I still wouldn't book Sansa with that tight of a connection. I know it's tough feeling like you're losing a day, but since you're getting in fairly early you could always spend your 1st night somewhere nice at least. All flights from Seattle force us to spend both 1st and last night near SJO, so I know how you feel!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 03:50 PM
Original Poster

Thanks - better to know now, before I book anything!
Old Aug 8th, 2007, 06:48 PM

Yesterday a.m. when we arrived at SJO and got through security, we noticed the line into immigration was backed up all the way into the shopping areas. Now that's a LONG line. No telling how long it took them to get through. Thank goodness, that isn't usually the case, but it CAN happen, as others have mentioned.

Rent a small child--they'll zip you right up to the front!