sandals bahamas vs. aventura

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:43 AM
furbie

sandals bahamas vs. aventura

we are looking for an all-inclusive (early 30's, like great beach for swimming, good food, good bars). should we go with sandals royal bahamas or aventura? want to stay around $1600pp for 7 nights.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 11:57 AM
to-furbie

Have been to both and would choose the Aventura hands down. Sandals was nice, but the Av blows it away in terms of food and service. The beach is a little lacking, but everything else makes up for it. And for the price, you can't compare the two. Depending on where you're flying from, you can get the Av for 7 nights with air from $2200 for both people total.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:49 PM
Mary

I too have stayed at both. Sandals is much more fun - more lively - and better drinks, but hands down the Aventura is a much nicer hotel. The grounds are beautiful and pristine. The outside of the building is stunning. If you arent' a wild partier, I'd do Aventura any day. If you are looking for a wild time, go to Sandals.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 11:08 AM
bjs

Have not been to sandals, but went to the Bahamas in Dec. one year and thought it was a little chilly for swimming. We picked Aventura this year. Got a rate of $2950 for 6 nights for 2 people including air from New York. Shifting the dates to just before X-mas rather than just after saved about $1000.

Old Nov 3rd, 2002, 02:15 PM
Karen

Jolie, thanks for the tip on that website. I requested rates for Dec. 20th to 27th with airfare from Newark. Going to be interesting to see what they come back with.