Reload this Page >

Sand Fleas in Puerto Vallarta....

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 06:57 PM
Stacey

Ugh! I am staying at the La Jolla de Mismaloya...and it is only recently that I have heard about sand fleas. Are the predominantly seasonal, or are they year-round? Time of day specific (like at night, for instance)? Someone said to mix tea-tree oil into the sunblock and it keeps them away. What is up with the nasty sand fleas?

Old Mar 4th, 2001, 07:01 PM
don

There all over Mexico and usually come out just before sunset.

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Molly

I'm thinking of going to Puerto Vallarta in June. How is it there? Is it beautiful? How bad are the fleas? I'm worried it is kind of cheesey...?

Old Mar 5th, 2001, 10:22 AM
jim

sand fleas. This feb. was the first time I have run into them. It was at the mesmoloya beach. I had bites all over my legs and they itched for weeks. I have never gotten bites on beaches on the north side of puerta vallarta, or other places. Maybe the hotels north of pv spray the beaches. I won't go back to mismaloya anyway.Hotel is ok, but the rest of the area is pretty trashy. I don't need primitive on vacations. Jim

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 07:10 PM
jane

I am a frequent visitor to pv and I also got bitten all over my legs and it was when I was at mismaloya also so yes indeed it is true

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 04:22 AM
Irene

Stayed at the condos at Mismaloya for 5 years every January and always had problems with bites. The last couple of years, I've taken along OFF, it does help a bit, but not completely. Never had a problem with bites at any other beach area in Vallarta.