San Miguel de Allende with baby?

Old Aug 15th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Miguel de Allende with baby?

We are trying to plan a trip with our 5 mo. old baby to Mexico in late September. Specifically San Miguel de Allende or Oaxaca. I've searched here but found no info about travelling with a babe. Any advice from others who have been there?
Old Aug 16th, 2008, 06:43 PM

My main advice is don't even think about taking a stroller. The sidewalks are narrow and bumpy--like most of Mexico. Bring some kind of sling or backpack. Otherwise, you should be able to find a nice hotel that will really take care of your needs. Great lodging options there and good service all around. Plus there are lots of expats with kids.
Old Aug 17th, 2008, 04:55 AM

Yes as above a high quality backpack style kid carrier would really help. Lot of curbs, cracks and cobblestones in either. We have taken both our kids to OAX as toddlers, but not as young as yours. By the way SMA and OAX are really different so you really need to research what suits you best.
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 11:50 PM

I agree about not taking the stroller. Probably won't do much good on the roads. Backpack is the way to go. You have to be a little careful about picking a hotel. Some are not excited about small kids, but most are "family-friendly". If you want more details, this site has a bunch of hotel reviews. I know the authors, they are both very familiar with San Miguel de Allende. http://www.sanmigueldeallendemexico.com/hotels is the page that has the hotel info. They also have a brand new discussion board they are trying to get launched so you could try posting your question there. Just an idea.