San Jose area hotels

May 15th, 2004, 02:12 PM
koa
Original Poster

San Jose area hotels

Okay, I narrowed down some choices for my last two days in CR.
Hotel Bouganville, Tara Resort, Buena Vista.
I have been to Bouganville and liked it alot. How about these other hotels, any comments good or bad would be appreciated.
May 15th, 2004, 02:21 PM

koa - when are you going? If after June, I am staying at Buena Vista June 3rd & 4th before heading off to MA & I will post a report when I get back.
May 15th, 2004, 03:11 PM
koa
Original Poster

Leaving in august. Unfortunately I have to make a decision soon. My wife is nervous about reservations. I told her not to worry because its the green season, but two hotels were actually booked up.( Now she doesnt believe me about the green season thing)
May 16th, 2004, 04:42 PM

Hi koa, We stayed at the Buena Vista lasst year. They provide free airport pick up and were there on time. The room was so so. We chose a first floor room because we arrived late at night and were leaving the next morning. Pretty views and a decent breakfast. it is nothing special but it was priced right for what it was.We arranged it by phone and everything worked out fine.
May 16th, 2004, 07:13 PM

Karenf is accurate in her assesment of Buena Vista. The price was right around $100 for a nice size room. Nothing special, but there were clean and location was fine. Nothing on property to speak of, but on top of a hill with great views for your first days in CR.