Notices

San Jose - 1 night - where to stay?

Jun 10th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Original Poster

San Jose - 1 night - where to stay?

My family is spending one night in San Jose in transit back home early the next morning. We will arrive in the afternoon to allow time for some light sightseeing, good dinner, easy early morning transit to sjo, preferably in a neighborhood that it's safe to walk around in. In that too tall of an order? Would love some hotel and family friendly restaurant recs.
thanks in advance
Jun 10th, 2014, 02:42 PM

Xandari is a great place to stay; it's up in the hills and has nice hiking trails and some small waterfalls on the property, a pool, and a good outdoor restaurant. About 20 minutes or so from the airport. They included a free one way transfer when we stayed there. Grano de Oro is a great historical hotel with a fantastic restaurant and two hot tubs on the roof. There's also a Marriott near the airport that's really nice - looks very colonial and has great restaurants, pool, etc. We usually are so tired from our trip that we just relax at the hotel our last night so we don't go out exploring much. I'd take a cab if you go out at night. A lot of San Jose is kind of rough with bars on the windows, razor wire, etc.
Jun 12th, 2014, 09:08 AM

There really aren't a lot of 'walking around' neighborhoods in San Jose.

I've stayed here, the bonus is that the hosts offer dinner (booked in advance and very good, too) and it isn't far from the zoo or the herb farm.

http://www.puravidahotel.com/

Search this Thread