safety in Puerta Vallarta

Old Oct 9th, 2002, 06:48 PM
will

safety in Puerta Vallarta

So much is being written about the rise of kidnappings and crime in tourist areas of Mexico. Is Puerta Vallarta experiencing the same problems?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 05:44 AM
JRinPV

Never has and probably never will.
These problems all seem to be in large, heavily populated areas. Same difference as between South Central Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. You can wander home on foot here at 3 AM without any problems and I don't know if I'd like to do that in Santa Barbara. As a tourist in Mexico City your risk would be greater, just like in Miami.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 09:26 AM
Susan

I've spent 14 vacations in Puerto Vallarta over the past 9 years. I have never heard of or experienced crime or even been hassled in any way. The local people are very friendly and welcoming, in my experience.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 10:31 AM
Safety

I'll agree with the above posters. I feel much safer in PV that I feel in my home city. I've walked around PV at all hours of the night alone and never had any problems or even anything that made me nervous. I always use caution though and look around me and note my surroundings.

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Kim

I have been to Mexico so many times I can't remember, I have even just recently stayed for 2 months in Nuevo vallarta and your probably safer here than in your own home town. the Mexican culture people are very friendly and helpful.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 01:49 PM
loangalsal

It is a VERY safe city! The worst "CRIME" in PV (in my opinion!) is that we American tourists have brought in Hooters, McDonalds, the Outback, etc!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:25 PM
Kelly

I found Puerto Vallarta to be safe and the people very friendly. No problems at all. Have fun!