Running out of time! La Paloma or Jinetes de Osa?

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running out of time! La Paloma or Jinetes de Osa?

We are a young couple looking for adventure on the Osa at the end of the month. We are running out of time and having trouble deciding...we got a great quote from Jintes de Osa, but are wondering if it is worth it to pay more for La Paloma. We would like to be very close to the beach and have a nice place to relax when we return from our adventures.

We want to stay on Drake Bay because of Cano Island snorkeling, but recently found Bahia Paraiso still close to Cano but more isolated, can't find many comments about it.

Any help appreciated,thank you!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:16 AM

I'm in the same quandry between La Paloma which sounds absolutely fabulous but is sooo expensive and the seemingly highly regarded but much cheaper Corcovado Lodge Tent Camp. I wanted a short, moderately priced trip, but La Paloma while hard to pass up, seems to blow the budget. But, you only live once . . .
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Exactly, I think we will stay at La Paloma if we can. We are thinking about an overnight in Corcovdo as well, should be exciting. A life experience!
Old Jan 21st, 2005, 09:16 AM

Hi Treyc, I do not have any experience with your lodging choices. But since I notice you have not received replies, I thought I would ask - have you searched this forum? Out of curiosity I just did a search and found 3 conversations on the Jinetes. And I know I have read several on La Paloma.

Another hint, is your question is in the overall Latin American forum. If when posting a question, you use the drop down box and choose Costa Rica, you may find that more people w/CR experience will see your post.

Just a couple of suggestions - Sure hope you get your answers. We considered this area, but have chosen to try Bosque del Cabo this year.

Good luck

Old Jan 21st, 2005, 09:16 AM
bd

If money is an issue (isn't it always), you'll probably stay at the cheapest room at La Paloma like my husband and I did. Be prepared that the room is very basic and rustic. It is open-air and you'll be sharing it with a lot of critters.

Having said that, we loved La Paloma. The grounds, the people, and the food are all wonderful. I just wanted to prepare you that if you think you're splurging and getting luxury, you won't be. You might want to consider splurging a little more for a room upgrade.