Royal Sands-Cancun

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 08:24 AM
Hector

Royal Sands-Cancun

This will be our first time in Cancun. I would like to know what your experiences have been at this timeshare. Would it be better to go to a hotel here rather than a timeshare? Thanks for whatever information you can give.

Old Aug 3rd, 2002, 01:16 PM
tess

Hector:
We stayed at the Royal Mayan and the Royal Caribbean which are sister resorts of the Sands. The Sands is the newest and most luxurious. Do you have the two bedroom villa? Their pools are beautiful and it's on a fabulous stretch of beach. If you have no car, there are buses going everywhere. Enjoy!

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 12:10 PM
Hector

Thanks for your reply. We will be staying in a one-bedroom apartment. Do all the apartments have an ocean view?

Old Aug 4th, 2002, 05:43 PM
tess

Hector: All apartments have an ocean view. They have a website "Royal Sands". You can see pictures of the grounds and the unit. We were at the Royal Mayan 2 years ago, however we were chased by hurricane Keith and had to leave early. This happened end of September. Watch for hurricanes. Sending you good weather wishes....

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 04:59 AM
DONNA

I stead there it is a get location The time shere sharks are not to bad.
it is expensive to eat in Cancun.but there are not any grousry stores close. so it is a have a day wasted getting your food an draging it back. I would stay at a hotel.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 07:15 AM
Ana

Couldn't understand much about Donna's answer but in regards to food. All Royal resorts have a good mini-market where you can get most everything you need, except meats.

There is a shuttle that takes you back and forth to all of the sister resorts on an hourly schedule. By far the Sands is the crown jewel. You'll have access to the gym and spa, tennis courts (rackets available on loan), all the water sport gear included (fins, snorkels, vests), and many other freebies.

But by all means, please don't just stay at the hotel. There are many places to see and go (and eat), either on a guided tour or solo.

Places:
Chichen Itza (2 1/2 hours away - If you drive take a guided tour at the entrance.)
The Blue Cenote (underwater river) - Same day as Chichen Itza.
Tulum - Mayan ruins
Xcaret - Water park with show at nite
Playa del Carmen - laid back town with enchanting nite life and great restaurants. - stroll on the blvd. at nite. Great beach.
Cozumel - ( 1 day trip on a rocky ferry departing from Playa del Carmen. If you go, do it in the morning and come back in the afternoon.)

Listed my favourites.

Ana

Old Aug 6th, 2002, 06:38 PM
Dee

Hector: We are members of the Royal Resorts, specifically the Royal Sands and have been there 3 times. The resort is beautiful, immaculately clean, the beach perfect, and many pools from which to choose. As previously stated, there is a free shuttle bus that will take you to all the sister resorts for dining, entertainment or any reason, but also Cancun has many great restaurants with ample public buses for a 6 pesos fare. For a family, the villas with separate bedrooms/living room/dining room/kitchen are truly the way to go. Check out the websites:
www.royalresorts.com
www.royalresortscancun.com
The later only has pictures of phase 1, the first "horseshoe". Now there are 2 horseshoes. Excellent spa facilities. Enjoy! No comparison with a traditional hotel. Much better!

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 04:12 PM
Hector

Thank you for your comments. They have been helpful. I hope to have a memorable vacation next October.