Search

Riviera Maya

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2002, 05:57 AM
Carol

Riviera Maya

We're planning to spend a week in July in the Riviera Maya area. We're looking at either the El Dorado Deluxe Resort or Barcelo Maya. Anyone familiar or have advice?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 11:24 AM
amelia

We just came back from the riviera Maya, and we stayed at the Omni Hotel in puerto adventuras, small hotel, 30 suites with a jacuzzi and hammock on the balcony. It was beautiful, private, and not that pricy.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:17 PM
marisol

All three hotels mentioned here are so different! What are you looking for? I can tell you that the Barcelo has had a lot of problems lately though it was once a pretty decent hotel. The Omni in Puerto Aventuras isn't anywhere near the class of hotel as the two you asked about. Omni is budget, Barcelo is a high moderate and El Dorado is a deluxe.

Old May 23rd, 2002, 02:42 PM
indy

Marisol-What kind of problems has the Barcelo been having?

Old May 23rd, 2002, 03:08 PM
Diane

I just stayed at the Barcelo (April/02) and it was the MOST AWESOME HOTEL I've ever stayed at in the Mayan Riviera (and I've stayed at quite a few!!!). I don't know what you're talking about??? We never had a single problem and I've been reading many posts on other websites....ALL OF THEM RAVING ABOUT HOW GREAT THE BARCELO WAS!!! What exactly could you mean??

Old May 24th, 2002, 07:59 AM
a Professional Agent

Both hotels are totally different.<BR>Barcelo Mayan is a huge Resort (about 1000 rooms) on one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. It is a Family Resort, so in the summer there will be a lot of children. They have several large pools with Swim up Bars. They have Captain Morgan's Disco, a miniture golf course and much more.<BR><BR>El Dorado or El Dorado Royale are both Adults Only Resorts. They are much smaller about 250 rooms. Most guests are couples and many are Honeymooners.<BR>They are both on Beautiful Beaches also, but not swimable right in front, but swimable about 500 yards down. The food is exceptional (personal opinion of course). The drinks are wonderful. Rooms are large Jr. Stes. They both serve lobster twice a week and have Small Spas (extra). <BR>These 2 are very quiet and relaxing. Every room has it own hammock.<BR><BR>So if you are looking for quite, intimate, adult only, relaxing go to one of the 2 El Dorado's.<BR>If you are looking for lively, lots of action go to Barcelo Mayan.<BR><BR>I get good reports from my clients on all 3 properties.

Old May 24th, 2002, 08:01 AM
a Professional Agent

For a photo tour of both go to:<BR>www.wiredflyer.com<BR>Click on any state, any agencies site. Click Mexico, then Resorts, then Mayan Suncoast. There is a photo tour of all 3 resorts on the site.