Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/ritz-carlton-cancun-mexico-375809/)

melvina_semper Jun 9th, 2008 10:29 AM

Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico

This will be my first time in Mexico. I just would like to know if anyone has stayed at the Ritz and if d you did how did you like it.

Mamaw Jun 9th, 2008 05:00 PM

Hello From Detroit. I am the biggest fan of the RCC, please give me your email address and I will send you pic's and trip report..

Theresa in Detroit!

old3 Jun 10th, 2008 07:14 AM

I would like a copy of your trip report and photos. Thanks. [email protected]

Laura147 Jun 10th, 2008 10:28 AM

me too if it not too much trouble... will be there in a few weeks. [email protected]. Thanks!

Margoboo Jun 16th, 2008 08:32 AM

We returned yesterday from a 5 night stay at the Ritz. It was wonderful. The hotel is beautiful and the staff was great.

Mamaw Jun 17th, 2008 09:54 AM

margo Yes, it is one of the best hotels in the world (IMHO) I have been going there for over 12 years and can't get enough. I will be there in July and I can't wait to sit back and relax and not do a thing...

kfusto Jun 28th, 2008 06:34 AM

Although I am big fan of Ritz Carlton hotels for their fabulous service, I would not stay at RCC again. The decor is the same traditional style of the Ritz in NYC, Atlanta, etc. We expected the gorgeous tropical decor we so enjoyed at the Ritz in GC.
Service was excellent but overall I have enjoyed other hotels in the area more for the whole experience.

kfusto Jun 28th, 2008 06:35 AM

Also, this hotel is very geared to groups. There were two the nights we were there and they took over much of the property. Big hotel for corporate incentives.

peterh Mar 8th, 2010 07:05 AM

Hello from Windsor... I will be travelling to Cancun and Playa Del Carmen in three weeks. I was hoping to stay at the Ritz Cancun for a few days. The rates are all over the map with resort credits and ocean front vs. ocean views, as well as club level rooms and suites. As this would be my first time there, can anyone give advise regarding rooms and suites and if there is much advantage for suites given the diffenrence in prices..

Pete

Mamaw Mar 8th, 2010 02:52 PM

Hi Pete! My Neighbor over the River!

I would highly recommend the Club Level. It is a hotel within a hotel. The service is over the top. The staff is amazing and will treat you like a king.

The re-connect package is a great deal as well. It includes breakfast buffet and 100.00 a day food/bev credit. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. And if you don't feel like leaving the pool/beach to go up to the Club for lunch, etc. This would be the way to go.

All rooms face the sea. If you choose a Club room you will be on the 8th floor. Special Access via key. All sorts of extra amenities. But all rooms are nice. As for a suite, they are very nice as well. My Husband and I have stayed in suites on the Club level and they by far have been some of the greatest rooms we've stayed in, period. They have wrap around balconies, huge bathrooms, living room seperated bedroom. We just loved it. But the price is high, but we got really lucky both times and were upgraded because they were empty.

And the Ritz is really loyal to repeat Guests, so since we go there pretty often we get all sorts of extras.

Email me if you need any info. [email protected] and I have pic's on facebook of the Ritz as well.

Theresa in Detroit.

katiekate Mar 11th, 2010 08:30 AM

Ditto on the club floor! This is one hotel that it is well worth the extra charge for club service.