Search

cabo san jose

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1st, 2002, 10:14 PM
traveler

cabo san jose

Does anyone have any input on cabo san jose del cabo? We are a family of 6, and we have reservations at the Worldmark at Coral Baja in San Jose del Cabo. We are soooo excited! Can anyone advise regarding renting a car. Do you think we need one? Any place that you can recommend for a family? Thank you so much for any advise or input that you ahve to offer.

Old Aug 2nd, 2002, 09:47 AM
Patty

Cabo San Lucas and San Jose Del Cabo are two resort towns that are often called just 'Los Cabos'. Worldmark is located toward the western end of the strip of beachfront hotels in San Jose Del Cabo. You may want to rent a car for a couple of days or you can take the public buses. You will be a short drive or long walk from the downtown area of San Jose Del Cabo and about 30 minutes drive from Cabo San Lucas. Hope this helps.

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 05:34 PM
blamb

Patty, thank you for the info, it sounds like you have been there. Do you think it is better to rent a car at the airport or in town? I looked into it through some travel sights, and it seems expensive ($500) for a minivan, do you think that souds right? Also, do you know of any restaurants that you can recommend? Thank s again!

Old Aug 5th, 2002, 06:57 PM
Anon

do a google search timeshare scams cabo and read Latin Trade, USA Today and Abc news.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
jenn

I stayed at Coral Baja twice (only times I've been to Cabo). It really is as nice as the pictures. Do rent a car at the airport but reserve it while in the US. The resort is several miles from the airport and taxis are expensive. Must get the local insurance and it's true this does add up. Be sure to visit the glass factory - the manager can give you directions (it's not the one on the corridor highway - it's on the highway up to Todos Santos). Be sure to drive up to Todos Santos in the daylight - have lunch at the Santa Fe Cafe and watch out for livestock in the road. For places to eat, the restaurant at the resort is good. Walk down the beach toward Cabo (about 1/4 mile?)and eat at the place in toward the road (Zippers?)San Jose also has some good places for families. Better shopping IMHO than Cabo. If you like to snorkle, try Bahia Santa Maria along the corridor. (don't leave anything valuable in the car in the parking lot tho)

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Parrot Mom

Have read somewhere else the taxi drivers give rental cars a hard time in Cabo.. That said..when we went to Cabo San Jose several yaers ago we decided to drive up to Todos Santos to the famous restaurant..if my memory serves me right we had to go on a Tuesday, because there wasn't any gas available on Monday.. We drove all the way there...found out the restaurant was closed on Tuesday.. Make sure it's gong to be open the day your going.. Also, be on the highway before it gets dark..there weren't any road lights and it's a long way back.. Be sure you visit The Hotel California....you can't miss it...

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:07 PM
sara

I have never had the chance to get to Todos Santos but I've seen tour buses from Cabo that take you there for the day. It might be a nice alternative to driving and worrying about gas and livestock and driving at night.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:10 PM
Patty

Yes, rental cars are very expensive in Cabo, so are taxi's. Whether or not it is worth it to you depends on what you're plans are. If you're planning to go to different beaches every day or taking day trips outside of the Los Cabos area, it might be worthwhile. But if you think you will just be hanging around the hotel the majority of the time and making a few trips into CSL or nearby, then a combination of taxi's, buses, and maybe renting a car for a day or two may be a better option. Just to give an idea, last year the rate for the shuttle bus from the airport to hotels in the San Jose area was about $8 per person. Going from San Jose to Playa Pamilla (one of the closest swimming beaches) was about $10 per taxi. Official rates should be posted at the hotel. Some have recommended bargaining for a good rental car rate at the airport (I have not tried it) and here's a site that discusses this:<BR><BR>http://www.caboexpo.com/ccar.htm <BR><BR>I'm not that familiar with the restaurants in the San Jose area, sorry.

Old Aug 23rd, 2002, 11:06 AM
dave

We are owners at Coral Baja and will be there mid Sep. Not sure if you are an owner or not but an excellent source of info on the resort itself and all kinds of activitities is the worldmark web site vacation forum. You will find many different discussions on Cabo and the resort from other owners who have been there. The sight is worldmarktheclub.com, then click on the link for "vacation forum" up top. Lots of really good info...good luck and have fun.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 12:13 PM
jenn

ttt for PJ