Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page > Rincon de la Vieja and General Itinerary Advice Please!
Notices

Rincon de la Vieja and General Itinerary Advice Please!

Sep 10th, 2012, 08:08 AM
Original Poster

Rincon de la Vieja and General Itinerary Advice Please!

As all those know who wrestle with narrowing trip itinerary, it's always a relief to finally make a decision. On our fourth CR trip, my husband and I've decided to focus on the Guanacaste region, where we've never been. Another difference is that we're spending more time in each area, cause we need some relaxation time and we KNOW we'll be back soon! We don't want to rent a car. Here is our itinerary for two weeks:

Fly ino Liberia
5 nights La Carolina
Shuttle to Nosara
5 nights Lagarta Lodge
Shuttle, bus or private driver to Rincon
4 nights Hacienda Guachipen
Fight Home early afternoon from Liberia

Comments?

Specificallyl about Rincon:

I understand that the national park s closed on Monday. Is there enough to do on a full day at or from the ranch that doesn't require entry into the park?

Do you think that it makes sense to catch a ride to the airport in the morning for an afternoon (2 p.m.) flight, or do you think we should stay closer to the Liberia airport?

Thanks, y'all!
Sep 10th, 2012, 08:42 AM

Cat, I'm bookmarking because I'm interested in this area too. Good luck with your planning!
Sep 13th, 2012, 12:23 PM

Wow !! Great Plan . I Have been in Hacienda Guachipelin many times it is an amazing plan. I recommend you take the one day adventure pass .. great adventure. I think that if you stay in Hacienda Guachipelin close Monday is not a problem because the hotel is inside the National Park. Also it is a great place to relax and get comfortable . I have been lived in Nosara , it is a beautiful place, Beaches in this area are really beautiful.
Your plan is really beautiful.
Bye Bye!!!
Sep 26th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, james. Is it true that the park can be accessed from the lodge even on a Monday when it's officially closed?

Husband still wants five nights downtime at La Carolina, but I wonder if this is too much. If we do 3 nights there, and 2 nights Monteverde, is it worth the effort of getting there?

Search this Thread