Notices

Restaurants in Cusco, Lima and La Paz

Mar 11th, 2005, 02:24 PM
epi
Original Poster

Restaurants in Cusco, Lima and La Paz

We are going on a tour, but not all meals are included. I have read some reviews on the forum for Lima. La Rosa Nautica looks great, but it's fun to get lots of suggestions. If you were in each of these cities, where would you eat dinner if you had one or two nights? Any special lunch places? We are open to all price ranges.
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:27 PM

I ate at La Rosa Nautica in Lima. It was very good and has a great setting.
Since it looks like you are interested in high end restaurants, you might like Fallen Angel in Cusco also.
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:15 PM

I second the recommendation for Fallen Angel. Another place I really like in Cusco is Granja Heidi on Cuesta San Blas. That's the "staircase" pedestrian street that up climbs to San Blas from the Plaza de Armas. The German couple who own the place use a lot of the produce from their farm outside of town in their dishes. (Heidi is the name of their cow, not of the owner.) It's a friendly, cozy place that always suits a chilly night, of which there are many in Cusco. They have good-value lunch specials and serve breakfast too.
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:30 PM

For a very casual, yet yummy lunch try Pardo's Chicken. There are various ones throughout Lima. They are very good. The chicken is delicious, nice salad and do yourselves a favor and try the "anticuchos"--actually beef hearts, but served grilled on a kabob --very typical and good. The restuarant is casual and inexpensive, but quite tasty.

Search this Thread