Renting Houses in Costa Rica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 08:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been to costa rica several times.. and loved it every time.. I usually go the super buget route (roundtrip ticket from Orbitz, busses, and hostels) I am thinking about going back in january with several friends for a week... Do you know if it is possible to rent a house in costa rica.. should we even go that route, or should we just stay at a hotel...
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 11:55 AM

There are many houses for rent in most tourist areas of CR. Do a Google search say, for example, "Tamarindo rental houses" and you should get several hits with local real estate agents that owners list their houses with. Many agents cover the whole country. If you are staying long enough, this can be a good value. Whatever price they post on the net is probably for high season and may be negociable.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks a lot! do you know anything about the quality of any of these houses? are they all in good shape, or are some nicer than others? thanks
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 08:39 AM

Hi Bill and Ted,YES it is even more FUN renting a house than the hotel !!! you can get a Condo (pool-maid hot shower quality A1) or a beautifull houses 4 bedrooms but can sleep 12 people...pool etc..NOW PRICES>>$1500$ more less for one week all incl. FOR JANUARY HURRY UP TO RESERVE !! NOW. I am talking Playas del coco-Ocotal-Hermosa..in guanacaste, 20 minutes from Liberia airport and 10 secondes from paradise !!talk soon, Mychelle
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:42 AM

If you are going to the Quepos / Manuel Antonio area... We stayed at the Manuel Antonio Estates back in April and loved it. They are private luxury homes. The place we stayed in was huge - 4 BR's (2 w/ A/C), 2 large bathrooms with jacuzzi tub in one, large living room & kitchen. The property was not beach front, but you are just a few minutes to the beach. We had a total of 5 guys and the cost was $1500 for the week and that was the high season.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 03:18 PM

As you can see, there are plenty of houses available in most areas; many are excellent quality with all sorts of extras; some are just houses in a very exotic location. You just have to go with the pictures they might e-mail you to make up your minds. If you can talk the the owner, it might be better but most need an agent down there, so you kind of have to take their word for it. I believe most of them are basically honest. Good luck and have fun!
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 05:26 PM

Another thought: check out Vacation Rentals by Owner - www.vbro.com -