Search

Barcelo Resorts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Barcelo Resorts

Which is the best but reasonable Barcelo resort in PDC? We are leaving in March from Phily or Newark, 7 nights for 2 (our honeymoon). Looked at Barcelo Maya Palace but is above our budget. How are the Barcelo Maya Caribe, Barcelo Maya Tropical or the Barcelo Maya Beach? Also, can you eat with the All Inclusive package at any of these resorts?
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are different levels to these resorts with the Palace being at the top.
This site will answer any questions you have about the Barcelos:
http://www.unofficial-barcelo-maya.com/forum/index.php
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 07:21 AM
KVR

Just a FYI. The Barcelos are very kid/family friendly with wonderful pools. It is usually recommended for family vacations and not honeymoons. In March they will be very crowded. Something you might want to consider if that will bother you or not.

Look at the Royal Playa del Carmen, the Iberostar Grand Parasio or the Secrets resorts. They are adult only AI's, and a much better choice for a honeymoon. IMHO
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 10:38 AM

CRT (Catalonia Royal Tulum) is a nice AO AI on a beautiful beach with unlimited a la cartes and fairly casual dress code. Near the Barcelo.
Old Nov 27th, 2012, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The OP's budget is $3000 including air from PHL.(from a previous post). That limits the choices.
I agree on checking out the Catalonia Royal Tulum. It is a more quiet resort on a gorgeous beach.
Old Nov 28th, 2012, 06:09 AM
KVR

I still go with the Royal Playa del Carmen. They can probably get for right at $3,000.

However, I do agree with the CRT except for me it's to secluded and far from 5th Avenue. That would bother me, but maybe not the OP. I just don't like taking taxis/shuttles to get to everything. Our first trip to PCD we chose the El Dorado Seaside Resort and hated the location. Way out in the middle of nowhere. Since then on our other trips to PCD we always chose a resort within walking distance to 5th Avenue. Again, may not be an issue for the OP, but something to consider if it does.