Recommended Moderate Priced Hotels - Arenal, MA, Monteverde

Notices

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi All,

I'm trying to lower my costs on hotels since I'll be there for 9 nights. Can anyone recommend hotels for a budget-minded 30ish couple? We will be there next month, and are looking for hotels hopefully under $70 a night that are close or in the above areas (haven't decided if we're driving or taking a shuttle). I know most of our time will be spent outside doing activities, so we're more concerned on spending money on tours, food, and such. We're looking for a clean hotel, maybe with AC, and NOT a shared bathroom not too far away from where the action is in these areas. I know I can just look at the reviews, but sometimes getting info first hand is better. Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2008, 02:08 PM

We stayed at Erupcionnes Inn in Arenal and had a good stay. It has a great view of the volcano and the owners are very nice and helpful. Breakfast was included.
We also stayed a couple of nights at Arenal Observatory Lodge. It may be a bit out of the way for you though.
In Manuel Antonio we stayed at Didi's bed and breakfast. I had previously stayed at Villa Nicholas but the prices had really increased so we decided to try someplace else.
Didi's probably isn't for everyone but it worked out perfectly for us. There are only three or four rooms and breakfast is also included.It was easy for us to get transport to/from the park and also for our activities. Have a great trip.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:10 AM

At Monteverde we stayed in a great cabin (1 queen, 1 single bed, large bathroom) at Arco Iris Ecolodge for $70 night, breakfast buffet is $6.50 extra. Although it is right in Santa Elena, it's a large property with cabins spread out on a hill with beautiful landscaping, convenient to restaurants, shuttles for activities if you don't have a car. They'll book all tours for you. It may be less in green season, we were there in March and would definitely stay there again. The staff was very helpful in making any type of arrangements you needed and responded immediately to e-mail when booking and asking questions.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:17 AM

We stayed at Hotel El Silencio del Campo in Arenal. Great place, breakfast included. We were there last year so I am not sure what the price is per night but we didnt pay much. The view of the volcano was amazing, food, service was great. Pool area is beautiful. We got a cab into town one night - very cheap. Its a nice location to do tours from as well.
Old May 2nd, 2008, 07:57 AM

In MA look at sweet little Didi's Charming B&B, very reasonable, cute, with charming hosts....
Old May 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone!!! This has definitely helped!