Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a good Hotel with excellent snorklelling and beach along the Riviera Maya?

Search

Recommendations for a good Hotel with excellent snorklelling and beach along the Riviera Maya?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2nd, 2000, 10:31 AM
Jane Whitehurst

I've done the ALL Inclusive ( a great stay at the Barcelo Maya) but next time I would like to stay at a smaller hotel on a great beach with excellent snorkelling and great cuisine. Does anybody know of such a place along the Riviera Maya? Oh and it would be nice to be near PLaya Del Carmen for a bit of nitelife if we wanted it!!

Old Feb 10th, 2000, 07:37 AM
Carole

We have good snorkeling in the ocean out front of our villa and in the cenote up the road from Casa Tropical. <BR> <BR>Casa Tropical Tankah, is located about 3 miles north of the Tulum ruins, in <BR>the Riviera Maya area, 1 1/4 hour drive from Cancun airport. It's is a <BR>great location, being within driving distance to the Cancun airport, Playa <BR>del Carmen (you take the boat to Cozumel from there) Xel-ha, and Tulum, and <BR>the Sian Ka'an Biosphere Reserve starts just south of the Tulum ruins. You <BR>can also drive to several major archeological sites for a day trip. We have <BR>wonderful cenotes to snorkel or dive in and the beaches are great. The town <BR>of Tulum has restaurants, money exchanges, bus station, fax/phone/e-mail <BR>services, grocery stores, and pharmacy, but it still is very much a <BR>Mexican town. You can visit my web site for more info and links, <BR>http://www.CasaTropical.com or call Carole 570-247-7065 <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 2000, 05:42 PM
cc

Hi - I think there's a small hotel that looks great called "Mosquito Blue" It's small and in the Mayan Riviera (not sure if it's in or near PDC). <BR>I just can't remember exactly where I saw their website...

Old Apr 19th, 2000, 07:35 PM
Patti

Try this website--LocoGringo.com <BR>Lots of info about the area with a pretty good message board.

Old Apr 28th, 2000, 02:27 AM
Karen

If, in your search, you come across Maroma, which describes what you are looking for, you might want to reconsider carefully. We had a less than pleasant experience there with the accomodations and food (but the staff was delightful and the beach awesome!). We were unfortunately tempted! Others report wonderful stays tho ... I would definately return to the area but definately not Maroma!!!