Ramon's or Banyan Bay

Old Aug 14th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ramon's or Banyan Bay

My wife and I are planning a week at AC after 4 days at Chaa Creek and two at Tikal. Please give me your thoughts on Ramon's or Banyan Bay. Looking at their webiste it seems like the rooms at Banyan Bay are obviously larger (maybe nicer?) but Ramon's may have a better overall resort feel. Any differences in their beaches?
Thanks.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 03:19 AM

Both have nice beaches. The rooms at Ramon's are hotel rooms, the rooms at Banyan Bay are large condos. Both have restaurants on site.

I like being close to town, so that would lean me towards Ramon's. For others, the fact that Ramon's is close to town, would be a drawback. I do like having more room than a regular hotel room though. So, we opt for one of the condos, either The Palms, or Belizean Reef, close to Ramon's.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 05:10 AM

Between the two, I'd go with Banyan Bay. The units are all two-bedroom, two-bath condo apartments, nicely furnished, with full kitchens. As JeanH says, Ramon's is closer to town (Banyan Bay is about 1 1/4 miles south of town). The beaches are both pretty good (for Ambergris Caye).

--Lan Sluder
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 08:14 AM

Just got back from Banyan Bay and it is definitely the best choice. The units are very spacious, hugh compared to hotel style rooms. I spent the extra money and stayed in Building A on the beach and it was awesome. Walk right out your door onto the beach with palm trees and lounge chairs. The breeze off the water is also another benefit to an ocean front suite, but any unit would be great, and the staff was also great as well. I only walked by Ramons and it looked nice, but nothing compared to Banyan Bay. If you rent a golf cart, it's only a five minute ride to town and it makes it even more fun. Either way, have a great time.
Old Aug 15th, 2005, 05:59 PM

Here's a tip if you decide to stay at Banyan Bay: Take a taxi and forgo renting a golf cart. We rented one for a day for fun but found it much cheaper and nearly every bit as convenient to take a taxi. Golf carts run $50-$60 a day and a cab costs $5 (each Banyan Bay to anywhere in town. Enjoy!