Search

Rain in Costa Rica in June

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2019, 05:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rain in Costa Rica in June

Hi,

Our family will be travelling to Manuel Antonio and Alejuela area in Costa Rica in June. I know it is the rainy season, but we live in South Florida, so we are used to the rainy season here. It might rain every day, but it is hard and fast. It might only rain for 15 minutes and then clears up with mainly late afternoon or evening showers.

I just decided to look at the weather forecast in Costa Rica and it said it was going to rain every day with an 80% chance of thunderstorms! So, I am looking for information on the rain pattern there. Will it most likely rain all day or is it like what I'm used to here in South Florida?

I'm not going to change my travel plans at the last minute, but at least I will know what to expect....

Thanks,
Old May 30th, 2019, 06:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've been to Manuel Antonio around that same time of year. It usually rains every day, but not all day rain. Typically in the afternoon, not always predictable. The weather forecasts are fairly useless. They almost always say rain. We were still able to do all of our activities, and sometimes the rain helps cool things off. The weather reminded me a lot of the Gulf Coast. Lots of nice wildlife in the area, particularly monkeys and sloths. Manuel Antonio Expeditions is a good company for tours if you need one.