Questions about Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta

Jun 26th, 1997, 02:49 PM
David C. Laredo

Questions about Westin Regina Puerto Vallarta

I am interested in experiences (good or bad) at Marina Vallarta hotels, and specifically the Westin Regina, at Puerto Vallarta.

Jul 8th, 1997, 03:29 AM
Rene McDaniel

We took a look at the Westin Regina -Puerto Vallarta in January when we were last there, because we won a 5-day trip to the hotel which we'll probably use this fall. It was a very beautiful hotel with a very nice beach. The pool(s) are gorgeous and meander through the resorts "beach area". There's a nice swim-up/walk-up bar, and everything is first class. They're next door to the Marriott resort, I believe, but they're spaced aways apart. It has the feeling of a resort (vs. a "hotel") - the grounds are spacious and well-kept. The lobby area is very nice, comfortable yet elegant - open air. The lobby has a concierge, nice artworks and sculptures and taxis seemed "ready and waiting". From the street side of the resort - there would not be anywhere interesting to walk to -- as it's aways from the main shopping/walking area of Puerto Vallarta. But I think our cab ride was only $4-$5 between the city centre and the resort. After seeing it first hand -- we are looking forward to going back -- it looks like a nice place to be "pampered". They have a web page -- I can't remember the web site but you could probably find it via either Yahoo or Alta Vista searches. What's your specific question on the hotel? If you send me an e-mail directly, I'll try to answer your questions.

Aug 13th, 1997, 09:07 AM
Bobbie

My sister & brother-in-law and we stayed at the Westin Regina in PV last Dec. and just loved it.
It is the most beautiful resort we had ever seen
Very clean - employees very friendly and helpful.
We had breakfast there every morning, but took the bus or taxi to other restaurants for dinner. The bus was only about 25 cents and the taxi $2 -$3 to go all the way into town. Can't describe the beauty of the pool area - there were palm trees everywhere - even on little islands in the middle of the pools. The birds drank from the poosl as they use something different than Chlorine to purify them. The one thing that was not good was the beach. It had a very bad drop down, full of rocks and the water was not clear. It was a terrible disappointment, but we found that you can go to other areas for the beach . Our room was beautiful - very large with a lovely balcony. Bathroom had a separate shower from the tub. All in all we enjoyed PV very much - my sister & brother-in-law are going back this Dec. and taking their family. We all said that if the Westin had a good beach we would never go anywhere else.
Bobbie

Dec 6th, 1997, 03:03 PM
ray behnke

Super property...try and ignore the time-share sharks..the hotel and streets are populated with people trying to talk to you re: time shares(it can become irritating) Be sure to use public transportation when going downtown. A tip for assuring yourself a seat on the bus(always very crowded in the winter) is to turn right as you come out of the hotel..walk about a block..this is the end of the line, and assures you of a seat, as there are many large hotels in the area. If you have to stand, you'll "enjoy" a massage and a sanua for less than $.20. Take a cab back to hotel,as the buses returning from centro have a great variety of destinations.

Dec 6th, 1997, 03:05 PM
ray behnke

Super property...try and ignore the time-share sharks..the hotel and streets are populated with people trying to talk to you re: time shares(it can become irritating) Be sure to use public transportation when going downtown. A tip for assuring yourself a seat on the bus(always very crowded in the winter) is to turn right as you come out of the hotel..walk about a block..this is the end of the line, and assures you of a seat, as there are many large hotels in the area. If you have to stand, you'll "enjoy" a massage and a sanua for less than $.20. Take a cab back to hotel,as the buses returning from centro have a great variety of destinations.