Search

Questions about Flor Blanca's Restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:14 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Questions about Flor Blanca's Restaurant

Hello,
Hoping to get more information about the restaurant at Flor Blanca. Wondering about the food, prices and dress.
Thank You,
Gem
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Iza

Hi, Gem, it's me again but I will be happy to answer.
We really liked the food at Florblanca's restaurant at dinner; lunches were OK. The food is sophisticated NY/fusion style with a good selection of fresh fish. No local dishes are served. It is rather expensive (for CR) with the majority of the entrees being in $18 range. They had a children's menu as well - our daughter loved their yucca chips. Dress is casual but not sloppy (my husband would wear an aloha shirt or a polo shirt with dress shorts, I usually wore capris with a nice top). A sundress or a skirt and top would also be good for a woman.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Iza! Did you visit any other restaurants within walking distance?
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Original Poster

P.S. Iza, do you remember if the Flor Blanca restaurant accepted credit cards?
Thanks Again,
Gem
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 05:18 AM
Iza

Gem, they do take credit cards so not to worry. Make sure to call you cc company before you leave on vacation so that they can authorize the charges in a foreign country (I forgot to do that last time when we travelled to CR and had to call from there).

We ended up eating at Florblanca all of the nights we were there as my husband didn't feel like venturing out and we liked the food at Florblanca. There was a place not far away that Ally recommended (with a chef from Argentina) but I can't remember its name. There is also Milarepa next door, although their menu was more limited. Generally there aren't too many places within walking distance of Florblanca. The "center" of the town is about 4km away, so you would probably need to drive.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Hi Iza,
Thank you so much for all your help with our trip. You are terrific! We are getting pretty excited and we leave on Sunday.
Very Best Regards,
Gem
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 05:29 PM

hI,

Spent four nights recently at FlorBlanca. The restaurant certainly has wonderful food, but sometimes they are out of items on the menu. Regardless, if you are there for more than a couple of days I would suggest you try some of the local places. You can get the hotel to arrange a taxi to drop off and pick up up very reasonably. For instance, the FlorBlanca seemingly never has lobster on the menu, but the local restaurants do! I would say -- just try to enjoy everyting in the area. If you want more info you may email me at [email protected].

Kathy

Old Feb 13th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Iza

Kathy, please post a trip report when you have chance. I am curious about your trip. Hope you had a good time!
Old Feb 13th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi Kathy,
Thank you for your offer of help! I just sent you an email. Any suggestions of places to eat or things to do would be greatly appreciated. We would definitely like to try some different and more local restaurants.
Thank You,
Gem
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 06:34 PM

we stayed at the flor blanca 4 days. the hotel itself is spectacular. the restaurant offers great food, but we found the (restaurant) service to be absolutely awful! we never got out of there in under 2 hours. drinks were very slow! i know this is vacation, but this was beyond poor service. drinks by the pool typically took 30-45 minutes to get. i don't mean to sound spoiled, but for the money it costs to stay there, service should be "pronto". (desk help was great and very friendly) unfortunately, we didn't have a car. the milarepa next door is the only walkable place we found (good food, limited menu).
Old Feb 17th, 2004, 08:26 PM
ib

Hi!
Where is Flor Blanca?
Thanks!
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:02 AM

Flor Blanca is in Mal Pais, Costa Rica.
Old Feb 18th, 2004, 06:08 PM

It is actually in Santa Teresa, down the road (not that it matters...)
Old Feb 19th, 2004, 10:14 AM

True. From the main intersection of that area, if you go one way, it's Santa Teresa, the other way is Mal Pais, but the entire main road is no more than a few miles.