Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Mexico & Central America (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/)
-   -   Question about Wow Argentina (https://www.fodors.com/community/mexico-and-central-america/question-about-wow-argentina-457115/)

mo261 Jul 7th, 2004 10:22 PM

Question about Wow Argentina

I am planning a 2 week trip to Argentina for end of December/ early january. I have been convinced by this board that I should contact WoWArgentina for help in planning the trip. What kind of fees do they charge for booking/planning? Can they assist people w/ all budgets (ie- we really don't want to spend too much more than $50/night for accomodation)? Thanks in advance. This board has been a great resource so far!

daniesza Jul 8th, 2004 04:41 AM

I dont know WOWArgentina. I work with several companies and private individuals who get local rates for foreigners. Having lived here for the past 17 years, I navigate the area locally with a tourist's p.o.v. Be wary of those prices, since you might be better off searching the fodors guide (highly recommended) and check their internet site recommendations. It might be worth your while to spend USD 200 per week renting an apartment.. check out Buenos Aires Lodging and a host of options pop up in a google search
Good luck!

milla Jul 8th, 2004 05:39 PM

you can get very good hotels or apparts for that money or less in good locations. renting a flat is also possible but being one it is better to go to a hotel or bed and breakfast where you can be assisted all the time.
People are helpful and enjoy recommending places to visit.

Graziella5b Jul 17th, 2004 01:51 PM

Wow argentina is excellent as many fodorites have stated here.

johnandsusan Jul 22nd, 2004 03:39 PM

I agree with Graziella. Before contacting Wowargentina I had read lots of wonderful comments about this company on this forum and others. I've travelled widely and Cintia is the most efficient travel agent I've ever met. Wowargentina gets my thumbs up without hesitation.

SydneySteve Jul 23rd, 2004 12:47 AM

All I can say is that I wish there was a WowBrasil in Rio !

drdawggy Jul 23rd, 2004 01:01 AM

Ah, my Ausie friend. I didn't know you were working with Cintia and Matias. They are wonderful people who will help make your trip to BsAs memorable, regardless of hotel choice. Tell them Dr.Dawg says hi.

SydneySteve Jul 23rd, 2004 02:38 AM

I dont know who Wowargentina are, but I have heard great things about them and have inserted their web address into my interactive itinerary.
We had absolutely no problem researching and booking / negotiating our itinerary in B.A and Iguaccu/Iguazu, but I can sincerely say that trying to make arrangements in Rio is somewhat more complex and for me frustrating. Hence my comment. I would be lost without the help of Dondiega's advice on subjects Brasil in this place, because alas, I cannot get the cariocas to come on line.

drdawggy Jul 23rd, 2004 03:16 AM

WowArgentina is a small travel agency run by a husband-wife team. They offer personalized service for tours and bookings. Often, the rates they negotiate for hotels and travel are lower than rates you can obtain via the web!

Good luck with Rio.

lelc00 Jul 23rd, 2004 08:44 AM

You will save a lot money using their service or another Argentinean based travel agency, they negotiate rates for locals in Pesos, wich are far less expensive than those from the Web.
Cintia and Matias from WOWAREGENTINA are the best!!!

lelc00 Jul 23rd, 2004 08:52 AM

I highly recommend Wowaregentina Citytour. worth every penny.

dcacio Jul 23rd, 2004 04:41 PM

From another satisfied customer of WOW!Argentina. We did a 10 day trip of Argentina and Cintia made all the arrangements, she is simply the best !

hkrug64 Jul 27th, 2004 11:40 AM

Does anyone have a telephone number for WowArgentina?

connette Jul 28th, 2004 08:13 PM

WOW! Argentina
www.wowargentina.com.ar
[email protected]
[email protected]
Phone: 54 911 56 03 29 26