Question about Daniel of Tanisha Tours in Ambergris Caye

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About eight years ago we were in Ambergris Caye and met a young man named Daniel who was just starting into the tour guide business. He had his own boat and took us everywhere. He had a daughter about 10 and a son about 5 who traveled with us the day Daniel took us to the zoo. On our boat trip back from the zoo, the little boy climbed up in my lap and fell asleep, making my day even more special. Daniel was an extremely quiet, polite young man and we thoroughly enjoyed him. I carried his card for years in my wallet but have since lost it. We are going back to AC this June and would love to find Daniel again. I have been reading about a Daniel with Tanisha Tours. Could this be the same Daniel? LAN SLUDER, I especially thought you might know my Daniel since you are so well acquainted with AC. Any ideas?
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 04:29 AM

It is and Daniel is considered one of the best tour guides and operators on the island. I book my clients with him and have only gotten great feedback. www.tanishatours.com
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 06:54 AM

Just think, his son will be a teenager!

~gnr~
Old Apr 13th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Original Poster

Katie,
Thanks so much for your reply. We are so excited to have found Daniel. He was so serious about his tour guide business that I am not surprised he has been successful. At the time he had been studying under a professor in Belize whom we met when Daniel took us to the zoo. Good for Daniel! We will certainly be looking him up.
Old May 30th, 2005, 06:48 AM

Granbury--I'm taking my husband on a surprise anniversary trip to Ambergris in June. We will be at the Belizean Shores from the 18th thru the 25th.
I've been trying to figure out what the best tour company would be.
THANK YOU very much for your post, it helped me make up my mind. I'm hoping to book at least two, maybe three tours with Tamisha.
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Petsburg - Glad the post helped. We will be arriving in Ambergris Caye on June 27th. We are bringing 5 of our friends for their first trip to AC and are also booking several tours with Tanisha Tours (thanks to info from Katie Valk). I think you will be delighted with Daniel. We can't wait to see him again.
Old Jun 12th, 2005, 05:57 AM

We did a tour this past April with Daniel and his son was along that day with us. Great tour, much learned, fun and interesting. The son was friendly and helpful, always smiling. We were at Banyan Bay and booked the tour there but it can probably be done at any of the resorts. Daniel was received international acclaim for his ecotourism. Our picnic lunch at Lamanai was eaten on plates that would be washed and re-used and the drinks were all in redeemable or recyclable bottles.
Old Jun 14th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Original Poster

GoSox - thanks for the post about Daniel's son. We are also staying at Banyan Bay. It sounds as if Daniel's son has grown into a nice young man. I can't wait to see him. We arrive in AC on the 27th and I know this is going to be a special trip.
Old Oct 11th, 2005, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

I wanted to follow up about my friend Daniel of Tanisha Tours. Daniel took us on a trip to Lamanai that was wonderful. It was so good to see him this successful. We also took a trip with Daniel and his wife and baby girl, Genesis to the Lobsterfest on Caye Caulker. And that little boy who climbed up in my lap 8 years ago drove the boat! What a trip!