Notices

PV TAXIS from Airport to Romantic Zone

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Rita

PV TAXIS from Airport to Romantic Zone

I am arriving in PV at about 3pm on a monday afternoon. I know taxis are rampant but how much is the US price to oldtown and back? I've booked one for $19.00US roundtrip with rezrez.com. They come with a name sign and take your baggage.
I'm only going to have a carryon so I'm thinking that if it's cheaper to just go outside to the taxi booth, I'll do that?

Old Sep 9th, 2002, 11:09 AM
JRinPV

The taxis across the road are hip to people crossing the bridge to them and are charging 80 pesos to the south side. If all you have is a carryon why don't you just catch the bus outside for 4 pesos?

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Rita

JR:the bus marked "tunel" goes to the downtown terminal?
How about the return trip to the airport? Does the bus say airport?
Thanks

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 10:29 AM
Clarisa

Rita, The white airport regulated taxis were $23US one-way last December from the airport to Olas Altas/Playa Los Muertos.

JR's more up to date with the yellow town taxis that you can catch outside the airport... But that is what I paid for my return to the airport via yellow taxi (12/01).

When I caught the bus it said "El Centro" for into town, but the Tunel bus route works too. Personally haven't taken it going back, but have seen Aeropuerto painted on the windshields of some.

Old Sep 10th, 2002, 12:14 PM
JRinPV

All buses that say 'Centro' go to the south side terminal, see map atBR>http://vallarta-info.com/south.html
even the ones marked 'Tunel'. Just a better view if you avoid the 'Tunel' bus.
Going back take the Ixtapa bus, usually they will have 'Aeropuerto' written on the front.