PV restaurants Olas Altas area

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Because of recent knee surgery I need to find restaurants for dinner on or close to Olas Altas. I'd appreciate recommendations for places on the beach near the Pier, or on Olas Altas, or at the ocean end of B. Badillo, or nearby side streets on the flat for low-key solo dining. Price range and type of food less of an issue. Any tips much appreciated. Gracias.
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am almost wondering if this is a joke?? Stand (or sit) on Olas Altas point yourself up or down the street and walk into any restaurant and you will eat very well. (i.e. Maximillan is pricey, but across the street Andale is inexpensive.) Same on the beach by the pier --start at La Palapa then one right after another right up to Coco Tropical, Daquiri Dicks, Pau Pau and Burro's bar. At the end of Basilio Badilla at the Ocean is Los Arcos (good buffets) and Coco Tropical. I have never had a bad meal at any of the restaurants along the Ocean between Daquiri Dicks and La Palapa. Don't worry all is good.
Old May 13th, 2006, 09:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Maybe Suze is still under the influence of the anesthesia!!!

MY
Old May 15th, 2006, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
hardy-har-har you guys

no, it is a sincere request. I know how MANY restaurants are in this area, that's why I'm looking for your favorites, ones you'd recommend over all the others? Ones you'd want to eat at even if you weren't staying nearby?

On Los Muertos where "all is good" aren't there ones you prefer over the others (Daquari Dicks, El Dorado, La Palapa...) for food, price or ambiance?

I adore PV but have had plenty of lame meals there when I picked the wrong restaurants, that's why I'm asking for help, besides my slightly crippled situation.
Old May 15th, 2006, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Dear Suze:

I can't answer your question. We've only been to PV once and we looked to you as the expert for advice.

Hope your knee heals fast. DH had knee surgery last week. He's getting around great. This is good news since we leave for N. Spain/Basque country in 3 weeks!!

Heal fast,

MY