Purmamarca and Cafayate Accomodations?

Feb 26th, 2007, 11:34 AM
Original Poster

Purmamarca and Cafayate Accomodations?

We are planning our November trip and I would love recommendations for Cafayate and Purmamarca accomodations.

We don't like big American style hotels. Small boutique hotels really appeal to us.

This one is Cafayate looks great!

http://www.killacafayate.com.ar/

Have any of you stayed there?

We would like to keep it at $50-70 per night, if possible.

Any suggestions or is this price range not feasable?

Thanks!
Feb 26th, 2007, 03:40 PM

My husband and I stayed at Killa in August. It was amazing! The best hotel of the trip! For about $70, we had a king-sized bed and a large bathroom, plus an extra sink area! The room was spotless and very, very comfortable. The breakfast was wonderful and plentiful, and the service was very attentive.

One of the highlights of my stay there was meeting the owner. She is a native woman, which was so interesting because we didn't come across very many native-owned businesses while we were in the north (plus, she's a woman business owner!) Even though my Spanish is halted and her English was limited, she managed to communicate to us about her family and about her dreams of running a business.

She is so warm and inviting--she greeted my husband and I with a hug and kiss when we arrived, as if we were old friends!

Really, I can't say enough about the hotel. Go, and enjoy!
Feb 26th, 2007, 08:52 PM

We also stayed Killa in July 2006 and loved the rooms. Highly recommend.
Mar 2nd, 2007, 05:12 AM
Original Poster

Thank you!
Mar 3rd, 2007, 09:30 AM

Killa is definitelly "the" place to stay... warm, beautiful, comfortable, and what people say of MArtha is that She is really lovely. No doubt, stay there and it is in town...
For Purmammrca I suggest El CArdon, on Belgrano St, no number, but 1.5 blocks from the main square. Tel 0388-4908672, only if you speak some spanish, anyway, it is tiny, clean comfortable. Take a room upstairs, the view is great in teh morning. The night is about U$S 35.- the double, breakfast included. Compared with the big hotels, it has nothing to envy...
Flintstones...
Mar 4th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

flintstone, thanks for confirming that Killa is a great place to stay.

I didn't find a website for El Cardon but I did find an information page with just a few photos.

I think we are leaning towards staying in Tilcara now because there will be more to do at night.

Muchas gracias!
Mar 4th, 2007, 07:33 AM

Eurotraveller, maybe you have more to do at night, but Tilcara IMO is a hippie town where the outsiders changes the real spirit of the place. Purmamarca is more a pure indian village. and you have nice restaurants, it is smaller than Tilcara, but nicer. The scenery is great. El Cardon in new, but they do not have a website, anyway, if you change up your mind, trust me nice and cheap... One of the fodorites must have visited el cardon may give an opinion. Anyway if you stay in Tilcara do not miss the walk around Purmamarca in Los Colorados. Better in the morning... Warm regards.
Angie
Warm regards