Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta - Where to get Massage, Facial, etc.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 09:31 AM
Rene McDaniel

Can anyone recommend a good place for spa services such as massages, facials, etc. in PV? We stayed at Los Tules a couple of years ago and they offered massages (on concrete slabs in dark-looking concrete huts?) for $50 for 50 minutes. Yikes -- I can get a great massage for less than that at home in the US. Does anyone know of any places offering spa services for more "reasonable" prices (less than US). I heard of someone who stayed at Ocho Cascadas, who had someone come to their room and give them a 75-minute massage for $30!! Now, that sounds perfect!!! (Of course, they have no idea of who it was, or how to find them!) However, I am looking for any and ALL suggestions. Thanks in advance. --- Rene

Old Mar 22nd, 1999, 09:47 AM
JR

Hi Rene,Just looking at some of the local adds. <BR>Venus Massage, Aquiles Serdan 220, 3-27-14 <BR> <BR>Ciel Constante (a friend of mine)2-40-71 <BR> <BR>Aztec Massage V. Carranza 307 2-48-81 <BR> <BR>I know Ciel will come to where ever necessary. <BR>We have a very high proportion of massage places and if you stay in the town proper, you will find the prices are reasonable. <BR>Hasta, <BR>JR <BR> <BR>

Old Mar 23rd, 1999, 04:38 PM
lynne

<BR>The Qualton Club Hotel and spa has some good specials. For $99 US dollars I had a 50 minute massage, salt and loofah rubdown and a facial. The massage in particular was amazing!! <BR>Enjoy!

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 11:39 AM
Elio

I stayed at the Qualton Spa and had great 30 minute massage in a very relaxing, very clean atmosphere. The cost was about 30US and well worth it. After the massage, you can enjoy a jacuzzi or steam room.

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 04:50 PM
lloyd

I just got back and had a massage everyday for 6 days in a row. The "Eden massage" which is next to the Molina de Agua hotel is very good and they charge $30 us for a full hour ( or $25 if you get a package of 5) Another one next to the Encino Hotel is pretty good and they only charge $18 for a full hour. Last year I stayed at the Buenaventura and they had a massage room set up next to the outdoor spa for $25. Actually I found many in the old town section but I did not get to try them all. You should not have to pay more than $30 and if you look around in the old town (zona romantica,Los Muertos areas) you can do much better for a good therapeutic massage. If you find some good ones please post them here since I'm going back in June and have a really bad back. Thanks