Puerto Vallarta Vacation in July

Old Mar 16th, 1999, 09:11 AM
Monica

Puerto Vallarta Vacation in July

We are thinking about vacationing in Puerto Vallarta in July with two teenagers. Any comments, hotel recommendations, etc.

Old Mar 23rd, 1999, 07:31 AM
Angela

My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta American, Puerto Vallarta and LOVED it. The staff, service, atmospher, food, etc. is just great. Enjoy

Old Mar 24th, 1999, 05:23 AM
MexicoMike

Puerto Vallarta is a nice place to visit but it will be pretty hot and humid in July.

Old May 20th, 1999, 01:46 PM
kim bekkers

Hi Monica, if you have not booked your hotel yet, let me know and I will be happy to help you to chose. I live here in Puerto Vallarta , and work for a tour-company, and I know most of the hotels rather well ( after many site-inspections on a frecuent basis and all the comments of our guests ).

As far as activities , there are some great excursions here to do. My personal favorites are the Sierra Madre Jeep Safari, the Horseback riding and the Caletas cruise.

Caletas : A day cruise by deluxe catamaran to a secluded beach, a gorgeous location, only accessible by sea. Free kayaking and snorkelling is available on the beach, but there are also hammocks, long chairs and a lot of nice beach to just relax and enjoy the tranquillity and the natural beauty of Caletas. An excellent lunch accompanied by wine will be served on the beach. There is also a scuba option : under the supervision of our fully-qualified dive-masters, a small party of divers spend the morning exploring the reefs that lay just offshore at the southern edge of the Bay, before returning to Las Caletas for lunch. A swimming-pool lesson the day before is required for scuba - diving.

Sierra Madre Safari : Venture away from civilisation, travelling in specially designed open-air all terrain Mercedes Benz vehicles to the heart of the Sierra Madre Mountains. Get insight into the beautiful , remote and unspoiled scenery. Journey though river-beds and unpaved roads, and see a variety of natural wonders, from quiet rain-forests, towering mountains to crystal clear river-streams. Untouched 19th century villages will be seen. The Unimogs are for 12 persons each and each Unimog will have it’s own guide and driver. An informal BBQ-lunch will be served on the beach. A lot of fun and an adventurous day !

Horseback riding: An english speaking guide will pick you up at the hotel and take you by bus along the route of tropical fruit plantations and the sights of farms of the region of the ranch. At the ranch horses will be assigned according to riding skills ( No experience is required !) A unique Country tour & ecological trail ride that takes into the Country side from the quaint little village Las Palmas all the way to the waterfalls in the mountains. Arriving at the waterfalls there will be time for hiking or swimming. Upon return at the Ranch a delicious Mexican BBQ Lunch will be served

Have a look at the following web-site so that you can see some pictures :

http://www.royale-tours.com

You can also send me an e-mail if you have any questions; i will be glad to help you.

Old May 20th, 1999, 06:39 PM
Debbie

Hi Monica -

We stayed at The Camino Real last year - beautiful hotel, excellent service, lush grounds, private beach (which should be fairly empty in July). It's about a 5 minute cab ride from the center of PV.

Take a City Tour of PV, which includes surrounding areas just north and south of the city. It's an interesting tour and well worth the time/$. Try a 'jungle' restaurant (Chino's or Chico's Paradise) for something very different and fun !!

PV is absolutely beautiful and very safe. You'll be approached by both vendors and time share sellers, but a firm and polite NO will suffice.

Enjoy yourselves !!

Old May 22nd, 1999, 07:14 AM
PT

Holal Monica....yes, it will be HOT and humid in July, but the upside is that it will be green, lush and lower prices! With two teens, I would advise an all inclusive, as you will really save on spending on food! Also with all inclusives there are always lots more activities. Suggestion Qualton which is in town, or Sierra Nvo Vallarta, about 20 min from town. Let me know if you need tour info....by booking direct, you can substantially save. You can email me direct, as no advertising on this board as per the rules. Gracias, P.