Reload this Page >

puerto vallarta-sierra plaza neuvo vallarta

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 1997, 05:49 PM
Ed Filippini

Just returned from PV and must say I didn't get up to Nuevo Vallarta. From the number of responses you have received, looks like few others have either.

Sorry I can't help.

Old Mar 16th, 1997, 08:05 PM
Ron

I'm going to PV in April. Anyone have info on nice places to eat, drink, and dance that are not too expensive and not touristy!

Old Mar 21st, 1997, 10:08 PM
nancy mcgonigal

We are going to Nuevo Vallarta in May. Would sure like to hear from
someone who has been and who might have info and advice about the area.

Old Mar 28th, 1997, 12:09 PM
Jim Murphy

Friends stayed at a all inclusive restort in Neuvo Vallarta at Christman. Enjoyed the trip but travel to downtown PV is expensive. I'm heading tp PV tomorrow but will stay near the edge of the downtown area, enjoy walking around the city. The weather and beach is great everywhere - Neuvoa and Puerto.

Old Apr 1st, 1997, 07:12 PM
Joan Scheer

I live in Puerto Vallarta and saw your message. Nuevo is fine but the drawback is that it is out of town. Everytime you want to come in to PVR it is an expensive cab ride. Nuevo Vallarta mostly has big hotels but nothing else that is why all the hotels are inclusive(meals) because other than eating in those hotels there aren't any places to eat. I don't mean for this to sound negative but I much prefer living in the town. I am not familiar with your hotel but most of them are lovely.

Old Apr 1st, 1997, 07:21 PM
Joan Scheer

I live in Puerto Vallarta and can tell you everything you want to know. Let's face it it is really a touristy place! We get millions of tourists every year. I would avoid the restaurants along the Malecon(boardwalk). What kind of food do you like? Will you have a car? I would say DO NOT EAT IN THE STANDS AND DRINK BOTTLED WATER. All the restaurants in PVR serve bottled water. Important just in case you do get sick buy (in any drugstore) a pill (over the counter) called TREDA . It is amazing stuff and will cure you very quickly. I will answer you questions when I get more information. If you like a wild screaming time you will probably like CARLOS O'BRIENS. I wouldn't recommend that for anyone 30 and over. There are a lot of noisy active bars right near there on the Malecon. If you are 35 and older you would probably like ANDALE at LOS MUERTOS beach. For the people that like drinking and dancing and a burro in the bar you will love it. I think the best restaurant in PVR is Chef Roger. Anything else you want to know just holler.....

Old Apr 1st, 1997, 07:52 PM
Duane Wagner

I saw your reply on the board to someone elses message. I am going to PVR in three days. Any suggestions on what sites to see? What ocaen activities are worth while? Any other suggestions on eateries or nightlife?? I would like to experience some good mariachi music and Mexican culture.

Old Apr 2nd, 1997, 04:00 PM
Joan Scheer

Dear Duane
I hope these things will be helpful to you. For ocean activities the snorkeling out near Los Arcos is good. You have to take a snorkeling trip for that unless you have your own equipment and then you can just hire a small boat (called a panga). You can take a boat trip that takes you to Los Arcos and then on to Quimixto or Las Animas beach. I wouldn't go to Yelapa as it is much further and looks the same. You can parasail out over the bay. Everyone likes it. Make sure that you take a ride, you can even go by bus to Mismaloya Beach. It is beautiful and the ride is beautiful there. It goes along the coast and only takes about 15 minutes. The bus costs about 2 and a half pesos but usually it is very crowded. Get out and walk through the Hotel Mismaloya which is lovely and walk on to the beach. You have to turn to the left and walk across the river (wear shorts or a bathing suit) and go over to see the beach on the other side. That is where the movie THE NIGHT OF THE IGUANA was filmed and you can still see remnants of the set. Also there is a floating pier out there where you can sit and fish. Make sure you go to LOS MUERTOS beach for the day. It is a fun place. For mariachi music go to Mariachi Loco or Mr. Tequila's. Mariachi loco has a show and is a fun place. It is in the Olas Altas section of town. Make sure you walk around there and walk down to the beach. Also eat at Pipi's restaurant. It is a fun place but ALWAYS crowded. They always have music there too. I also like LOS ARBOLITOS restaurant. It is on the river and pretty up there. At Pipi's order the fajitas. They are great. Puerto Vallarta is a real working town and is very quaint and charming at the same time. They say that once you get the sand of Vallarta under your feet you return again and again. Just enjoy the sights of the beautiful bay, the jungle and have fun. Don't be afraid to take the buses everywhere. They are cheap and fast.....

Old Apr 8th, 1997, 03:17 AM
Judy

Enjoyed a vacation in P.V. Take the buses everywhere. Very inexpensive and best way to travel. For restaurants, try La Casita. It is small intimate and the food is cooked at your table. Inexpensive. For drinks, Daiquiri Dick's was fun .
Dancing you have to go to Christines. An upscale but totally fascinating club. Be aware the good music begins about 11:00 but just watching everyone there is a trip. Have a good time! Also, the bread room in the grocery store was a neat experience.... Strange but true.

Old Apr 13th, 1997, 06:53 PM
Jim Wolfe

Joan,
We will be in PV beginning April 19th and would really appreciate any info you could pass along regarding scuba diving and/or dive operators.
T.I.A.,
Jim

Old Apr 28th, 1997, 08:34 PM
Beverley

We spent a week in Puerto Vallarta in May 1996 and are returning for 2 weeks in October.

We stayed in the Marina District. Prices for food and local transportation were cheap. Don't hesitate to ride the local buses. They were dependable and cheap.

The city has a new water system that meets US standards. We drank the water in the hotel and all restaurants in town with no problem.

Hope you enjoy your visit as much as we did.

Old Jun 3rd, 1997, 05:51 PM
Fabian S. Gomez

Do you have any information on U.S. citizens getting married in PV? Am interested in a package deal for 5-6 people in party. If none of the hotels offer a wedding package, do you know the legalities?

Thanks,

Fabian in Austin, Texas

Old Jul 14th, 1997, 02:11 PM
Joy Krewson

We are planning a trip to Puerto Vallarta in March. We are 22 and 24 years old. We are trying to stay away from a big Spring Break hot spot. Does Vallarta get a big turn out over Spring Break? Also, we are thinking about staying at Sierra Nuevo Vallarta. Is this a smart move? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old Jul 17th, 1997, 08:38 AM
charlotte selenski

I'll second his comment re. expense getting into town, etc.

Been to PV twice. Enjoyed every visit and hope to return in Dec.Jan.

Old Jul 17th, 1997, 08:38 AM
charlotte selenski

I'll second his comment re. expense getting into town, etc.

Been to PV twice. Enjoyed every visit and hope to return in Dec.Jan.

Old Jul 17th, 1997, 08:43 AM
charlotte selenski

Been to PV twice and planning on returning in Dec./Jan. Any suggestions re. hotels/etc. near the new marina. Stayed at the Villa Vallarta, liked the location and pool, but interested in other ideas?

[email protected]

Old Aug 29th, 1997, 04:28 PM
Maria Sutton

Hi!
I work in Argentina at an international systems company at the relocation area, that's why I'm constantly looking for information about my country and the best places to show to the visitors.
I would be very great if you coul send me any kind of information of the better places where to go, like hotels, tours, etc.

Old Sep 9th, 1997, 10:24 AM
Nicole Martin

We have lived in PV for 8 years. It is a wonderful vacation destination. The Raddison is a beautiful hotel, luxurious, the food and drinks are included, as are the sports. (Sailing, windsurfing, etc.) Nuevo Vallarta is a beautiful area about 20 minutes north of PV in the state of Nayarit. Lots of birds and Igunas, and the beach is long and pretty. The Radisson is more the kind of accomodation you would want if you have little desire to explore the area, it is great for kids, romantic, there is entertainment, and the food is good. I believe there is a new service of a bus that runs between PV and Nuevo Vallarta.
As there are many tourist restaurants here, there are also some wonderful, rustic ones. Channos on Punta Negra, south of PV is fabulous. Also Colegita in the town of Las Palmas is a good choice. Don't worry about the water, we don't have problems with it anymore. I think the stands are great, I like to see where my food is cooked, and usually it is delicious.
Have fun, it is hard to make a poor choice of hotel, area or reataurant here.

Old Sep 16th, 1997, 05:44 AM
Parrot Mom

Stayed in Neuvo Vallarta in February 1997 at Sierra Nueva Vallarta--facility is gorgeous---always hassle getting chairs under tents--beach lovely---food mediocre--you have to work system--there is specialty dining spot--very nice--if you meet up with other people--you can share ticket when making reservations for special dinner--very worthile--lunch was no problem we ate at the buffet (the steak house for lunch for hamburgers, etc.), but inside (where they serve breakfast you could eat decently)
Nueva Vallarta no problem getting into city--it may of been $6.00 for cab ride--which we shared with other people--The resort really is lovely--pools are beautiful, the buffets at night left much to be desired---the entertainment in cocktail lounge--was outstanding--a group that played music from the mountains--this was our third time in PV and first in Neuvo Vallarta--it's not the worst thing in the world--we spent lots of time downtown--at flea market and walking the waterfront--also had dinner and lunch downtown-name of italian spot escapes me, but food was great----write for more information

Old Nov 17th, 1997, 01:06 PM
ruth

Do you know anything about Los Arcos Vallerta hotel? We want to stay someplace in or near town and very close to the beach. Do you know of any inns of%3Dr bed and breakfast-type places? We're going to be there in mid-January. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -