Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Mexico & Central America
Reload this Page >

Puerto Vallarta-seeking room with a view. South side.

Nov 4th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Jack

I need a hotel recommendation. Preferably in the south end of town. I wanted to stay near the beach but since the hurricane hit, would it be wiser to find a nice hotel a couple of blocks away? I'd really like a view of the bay. The Tropicana was recommended.
Jack

Nov 5th, 2002, 05:32 AM
JRinPV

or Playa Los Arcos, Hotel Marsol or Casa Andrea, all around Olas Altas. There are also some condos available for rent.

Nov 5th, 2002, 06:14 AM
John

You must be quite dull if you just sit in your room admiring the view. Why not get out a bit more?

Nov 5th, 2002, 09:26 AM
PV hotels

I love, have stayed at several times & highly recommend Casa Andrea but you only see a bit of ocean and only from a few rooms. www.casa-andrea.com

Hotel Eloisa isn't exactly ON the beach but pretty darn close so some rooms must have a view. www.hoteleloisa.com

Personally I don't think the hurricane would effect whether you want to stay right on the beach or inland, one way or the other. From what I've heard the palapas are being rebuilt and the sand "replaced" at Los Muertos.

Molino de Agua has true ocean front suites (with patios right on the water). It's gorgeous but more expensive. www.molinodeagua.com

Nov 5th, 2002, 11:07 AM
PV hotels

Thought of a couple more ideas (Casa Corazon overlooking the beach, Cuatro Vientos which is up near the church not on the beach but has a killer view from the rooftop, and Quinta Maria Cortez, a house divided into suites - very unusual decor, not cheap, right on the beach).

www.zianet.com/corazon

www.cuatrovientos.com

www.quinta-maria.com

Nov 6th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Gail Kalt

Dear Jack,
I have a timeshare at the Mayan Palace. There is one in Puerto Vallarta and one in Nuevo Vallarta. All rooms sleep six, have a funished kitchen, two ocean view balconies, restaurants, private beaches, huge swimming pools (one of the largest in the world). There is even a water slide and kayak river. We can't use it this year. Will let a week go for $550. total. It's a great deal!
Gail Kalt

Nov 6th, 2002, 10:58 AM
prefer south side

the two resorts mentioned above are not in the *south side* of town at all, not even close

Nov 6th, 2002, 06:40 PM
Jack

Thanks everyone. Especially Susan.
I'm sure I'll be able to find something with all those leads.

Nov 7th, 2002, 09:55 AM
Susan

Jack... de nada. I love that town! Write if you have any specific questions about the hotels. Happy to help.