Puerto Vallarta or Cancun hotel?

Sep 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM
annieladd

Puerto Vallarta or Cancun hotel?

2 couples in our late 40's early 50's. Looking for long weekend in Mexico in March. From KC, we can fly to Puerto Vallarta and Cancun non-stop. Probably can't be gone longer than Thursday-Monday, due to kid responsibilities. Budget approximately $200 per night (per room). Someting with a nice spa., please. Let us know your thoughts for great place to stay.
annieladd

Sep 22nd, 2005, 07:07 AM

Hi Annie if you decide on P.V. I would recommend the Marriott I'm sure it can accomadate you for the price you want. I was there in April and after going for 16yrs to P.V. was so sorry I hadn't stayed there before. If you go to Cancun then I would recommend the Marriott there also, stayed a few yrs ago and loved it. Have a great time, When in March are you going? I am going to Playa del Carmen in March.
Sep 22nd, 2005, 11:35 AM

In PV I liked the Marriott in the Marina area and also the Westin. The Westin would be my first choice. I've stayed at both. They are not AI but lots of restaurant choices in the marina (you can walk there)or in downtown PV by taxi.

In Cancun I would stay at one of the Rius. The Riu Cancun has a more party atmosphere whereas the Riu Palace las Americas, next door, is a bit quieter and more elegant. Good location. These two hotels are AI.

Search this Thread